International Day of Sport for Development and PeaceFind out about the first UN observed day dedicated to sport and development. As facilitators for the community on the day, sportanddev brings you this space to provide some context, share advice on how to organise your own 6 April campaign and enable you to highlight your activities.
Celebrating 6 April
In August 2013, the United Nations General Assembly made the decision to proclaim 6 April the International Day of Sport for Development and Peace. The inaugural day provides recognition for the sport and development community and gives us the opportunity to promote and highlight sport's role in effecting positive change around the world.
Highlight your activities, share a key message and read practical advice on campaigning for the day.
The UNOSDP highlights five key messages, presented in photographic form, to be shared on the day.
- Highlighted Initiative
- Benefits of live coverage on the Platform
- Use sportanddev to cover your event
- EMPOWER 2014
- Educasport World Forum 2013
- East Africa Cup 2013
- East Africa Community Coach Education System
- Social legacy of London 2012 Olympics
- East Africa Cup 2012
- Peace and Sport International Forum 2011
- Sport as a Mediator Between Cultures
- East Africa Cup 2011
- 2nd International Forum on Sport, Peace and Development
- Overview of Sport and Development Efforts in Haiti
- 2010 FIFA World Cup Special
- Beyond 2010 - International S&D Conference
- Peace and Sport International Forum 2009
- Sport in Post-Disaster Intervention Seminar 2009
- Beyond Sport Summit
- World Social Forum 2009
- Forum on PYD through Sport in Africa
- Sport in Post-Disaster Intervention 2008
- International Day of Sport for Development and Peace
- Next Step 2014
- EASM 2014 Conference
- sportanddev e-Debates