ENSE Digital Forum
ENSE Digital Forum
The European Network of Sport Education is all set to host their free digital event, discussing digital sport education, on September 23 and 24.
ENSE is about to kick off its first-ever digital event! ENSE decided to move the ENSE Forum from 2021 to 2022. As a result, ENSE has decided to offer its first-ever online event in 2021, providing two days of content on the subject of digital sport education.
The COVID-19 pandemic has further accelerated the trend of digital sport education, pushing and inspiring many sport educators to offer programming online. The first day, September 23 from 10:00-11:30 am, offers an intense panel discussion. Under the theme “Digital Sport Education” the discussion aims to explore the possibilities, limits, challenges, and innovations presented by digital sport education. These speakers are leaders in their field and represent various important sectors, including research, policy, and grassroots sport:
- Dr. Karen Petry: Deputy Head of institute at the German Sport University, she has worked for over 30 years on the development, delivery and evaluation of sport education programming
- Dr. Sergio Lara-Bercial: From the International Council for Coaching Excellence (ICCE), he is an expert in Sport Coaching. He has extensive international experience in the development and evaluation and coach education systems and is director of the globally acclaimed Erasmus+ project iCoachKids
- Carolina Barros: From Tempo Livre/CEDG, she is a professor in physical activity. In her work at Tempo Livre, she aims to encourage sports practice in the Municipality of Guimarães, Portugal, by providing innovative services, sport programs and activities.
Louis Moustakas, ENSE’s Secretary General, will moderate the panel discussion.
The second day, September 24 from 10:00-11:30, will consist of parallel virtual-yet-practical sessions. The goal of these sessions is to provide a practical, first-hand experience of the digital sport education activities undertaken by ENSE members. Participants will learn of concrete examples of how sport education translates to the digital world. The following digital sport education topics will be presented and discussed:
- Sport Empowers Disabled Youth (by inHolland University)
- Online Coaching Education (by the ICCE)
- Sport for Development (by the German Sport University)
- Move Healthy (by the Groningen University of Applied Sciences)
The meetings will be held on the digital WebEx platform. Get your free ticket now by registering at this link: https://bit.ly/36xjOU6
Further updates on the digital event will be shared on www.sporteducation.eu.