Generations for Peace (GFP) is looking for an Arabic Copywriter to join its team in Amman, Jordan. The application deadline is 13 January 2018.
Purpose of the position:
The Arabic Copywriter will plan and develop storytelling and communications materials in line with GFP’s strategy. This role will lead on writing highest quality Arabic communications materials to enhance communications and to support the objectives of the Communications Department. The Arabic Copywriter will work alongside other Communications team members to support engagement with traditional and social media and other digital channels by providing written content; all in order to support the overall effectiveness and impact of Generations for Peace programmes and the Generations For Peace Institute.
Reporting to the Senior Communications Manager, managing workload priorities to meet deadlines, the Arabic Copywriter will lead on:
- Developing communications materials to support priorities of the communications plan in consultation with the Senior Communications Manager.
- Liaising with Delegates and Pioneers to collect testimonials and human-interest stories to be used for various purposes including articles, blogs, website news stories, programme case studies and social media.
- Writing key messages and speaking points, speeches, content for the GFP website, fact sheets and brochures, reports, crisis communications and other materials.
- Writing engaging press releases and op-eds.
- Assisting with proof-reading and checking of Arabic translations and general communications, with highest attention to detail.
The Arabic Copywriter will contribute to:
- Working as a team to coordinate comprehensive advocacy campaigns in print, broadcast and digital media, such as Crowdfunding campaigns.
- Developing capacity in gathering stories. Brainstorming with the team on collective team tasks.
Education, qualifications, competences, skills required:
- University Bachelor’s Degree minimum, preferably in a relevant discipline.
- At least three years’ professional experience in communications, must include experience in Jordan.
- Experience drafting top quality communications in Arabic, in a variety of formats (brochures, bulletins, speeches, presentations, reports, proposals, website, blog and social media posts) for different audiences.
- Excellent computer skills (documents/spreadsheets/databases/presentations/multi-media/calendars/email).
- Excellent spoken and written modern standard Arabic.
- At least intermediate level of spoken and written English.
How to apply:
To apply, please download the necessary documents for applying through the link:
Then send your fully completed application form, in detail, together with CV/resumé to the following email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 12:00GMT, Saturday, 13 January 2018. Incomplete or late applications will not be reviewed