BAIS: Operations Assistant
BAIS: Operations Assistant
The Budapest Association for International Sports is looking to fill an exciting, paid traineeship for a motivated individual (student) to support their regular operations. Deadline: 15 September.
Budapest Association for International Sports (BAIS) is a growing NGO promoting participation in sports and physical activity, and sport-based non-formal education. We believe sport is the ultimate platform to foster mutual understanding, to create friendships and to bring people together regardless of their backgrounds. BAIS organises frequent accessible leisure sport events and runs Education Through Sport (ETS) based youth development activities. We engage in international youth and sport policy cooperation, mostly funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union.
Our Budapest-based NGO is looking to fill an exciting, paid traineeship for a motivated individual (student) to support our regular operations. It’s a flexible, part-time role (10-15 hours/week) to assist the implementation of international sport and youth themed projects, to lead internal administration tasks and support our social media communication. The paid traineeship lasts for 3 months (October to December 2022) with a possibility to be turned into a paid part-time position.
Responsibilities (what you would be doing):
- Providing general administrative support
- Arranging logistics and travel arrangements for meetings, e.g. booking flight tickets
- Tracking and logging invoices
- Dealing with incoming emails and queries, handling social media requests
- Supporting social media communication and updating website
- Working in collaboration with the BAIS board, BAIS project and social media managers
Requirements (must haves):
- University student status
- Working proficiency in English (advanced)
- Conversational knowledge in Hungarian (intermediate)
- Experience with social media platforms (managing pages, groups, communities, events)
- A positive approach to communication and collaboration
- Pro-active independent problem solver, self-sufficient
Advantages (nice to have):
- Travel booking experience
- Previous experience in NGOs, sport or the nonprofit sector
- Competent with creative tools (Canva, Adobe Photography, others)
- Additional language knowledge/work or study experience abroad
- Personal interest in sports and empathy with our mission
- Self-entrepreneur, small taxpayer status (not a must)
Opportunity (what we offer):
- Part-time and flexible work to be delivered from home (10-15 hours/week)
- Occasional travels to abroad to represent our organisation
- To join a young, energetic and welcoming team
- Professional exposure to learn about international project management and grow your network internationally
Please send your CV and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 September 2022.