Bid Writer at Track Academy
Bid Writer at Track Academy
Connie Henry’s Track Academy is the UK’s foremost Athletics for Social Change Charity. We are looking for a vibrant London based proactive individual to join our exciting team as a full time bid writer.
Purpose of the role:
To produce successful and high quality bid documents and fundraising applications based on good research and excellent communication, ensuring our strategy to win business is clearly articulated in a professional manner. Identify and build strong relationships with Local authorities, Commissioners, Private Trusts, Foundations, Corporate Partners and other Key Stakeholders.
- This job description is subject to review and change as the organisational needs dictate. This could be a fantastic opportunity for a Graduate with flair and enthusiasm, looking to develop a career in bid/tender writing.
Duties and responsibilities
Research and assess potential opportunities to obtain funding from Grant making trusts, foundations and statutory commissioners in order to develop Trust services against strategic aims.
- Write, edit and complete consistently high quality bid documents and funding applications which are accurate, substantiated and contain compelling content. Ensure these are submitted to deadline.
- Maintain a register of Project Initiation Documents, ensure that appropriate Project Plans are produced and maintained as part of the bid process.
- Maintain the Grant Matrix of pipeline, current and prospective bids and present this to the Director and Trustees when required
- Attend the all meetings and provide summary reports as required.
- Develop a database of written templates and tender/prequalification responses.
- Update and maintain a bid library resource.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with private Trusts and Foundations
- In collaboration with Operational Leads, The Director and Trustees, contribute to sustainability plans for existing services and contracts to ensure they are extended renewed or expanded according to the strategic goals of the Trust.
- Ensure that grant making trust reporting requirements are met and reports submitted according to agreed schedules and in line with current and future supporter’s criteria.
- Update any other data collection systems with all information required in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that written information is in compliance Track Academy’s brand guidelines
- Maintain an up to date register of all tendering portals, review these daily and inform the Director of opportunities
- Maintain the register of Bulletins and Newsletters relevant to Track Academy. Check these weekly and forward relevant information regarding grant funding, partnerships, to the Director for Review
- Work in close collaboration with the staff to ensure that bids contain current and accurate data
- Work with all staff to share intelligence and contribute to the Track Academy’s overall viability
General Support Tasks
- Promote the vision, mission and values of Track Academy.
- Work as an active member of the team. Contribute creative thinking, ideas and support to colleagues to help facilitate the promotion of a positive team environment.
- Represent and promote the organisation and its services to external audiences, working with and supporting other staff as required, maintaining a positive and professional approach with all contacts externally.
- The post holder will be expected to engage in and undertake with enthusiasm all opportunities for their own training and professional development in order to achieve additional skills as the role develops.
- Adhere to the terms and conditions of employment agreed with Track Academy, working within the general operational policies of the organisation.
- Be responsible for their own safety and others affected by your activities and to ensure adherence to Track Academy’s policies and procedures regarding Health & Safety and confidentiality.
Develop effective communications within the organisation to ensure an optimum service delivery is achieved
- To establish and maintain links to other organisations and to ensure that those links are shared within the organisation
- To be aware of and work to Track Academy’s safeguarding principles, practice and procedures
- Undertake additional duties as may be reasonably required and requested from time to time by the Director or Trustees.
Person Specification Essential
- Demonstrable ability to communicate compelling messages in written form
- Ability to work under pressure and to demanding deadlines
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Ability to engage clearly with people at all levels
- Excellent IT skills including use of Word, Excel and Database Packages
- Confident, creative thinker, self- motivated, target driven, strong team player
- Personal sensitivity, empathy and flexibility to operate within the distinctive ethos and structure of the Nelson Trust
- Strong commitment to Track Academy’s aim.
- Experience of coordinating and updating a knowledgebase system is beneficial.
- Working in a not-for-profit organisation
- Effective team working with research/data analysis
Accepted degree subjects - business and management studies
Salary - Competitive salary
Location - London
Contract:Fixed term; Duration:7-12 months; Working hours:Full-time