Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer
The Rwandan Rugby Federation is seeking a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in Rwanda.
Nature and scope of role:
The Rwandan Rugby Federation is seeking a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) who will lead a largely voluntary workforce in delivering all aspect of rugby in Rwanda. This role will require working within an agreed performance framework and will report directly to the Executive Committee of the Federation.
Working in collaboration with a diverse range of stakeholders, the CEO will be required to show leadership across all aspects of the organization and drive a clearly defined growth strategy, based on but not limited to the following key areas:
- The design and delivery of activities to increase the number of Rwandans participating in rugby
- Regular communication with all partnership organizations for the delivery of a unified and coherent strategy designed to increase the rate of progress of rugby in Rwanda. This strategy would include the development of players, coaches, administrators and 1st Aid from all participating regions of the country
- The administration of both the elite and community rugby programs in collaboration with any external partners
- The recruitment and retention of the best playing talent through clear pathways
- The establishment and maintenance of stable and strategic sponsorships and partnerships, to ensure Rwandan Rugby continues demonstrating best practice and a strong positive brand. This would include:
- Maintaining regular updates to all social media and traditional media platforms.
- Sponsorship sales.
- Merchandise and licensing initiatives.
- Events and hospitality offerings
- Membership, ticketing and match day revenues.
6. The leadership and implementation of a business oriented sports model that has in place the appropriate governance and operational frameworks to ensure the necessary financial, administrative and organizational resources are embedded. A focus must be given to long term planning and transitional planning
- Degree: Business Administration, Marketing, Social Sciences, Sports Science or relevant other
- Coach Education Qualification or be enrolled in an appropriate course
- Knowledge of the Laws of the Rugby
*** Applicants with demonstrable appropriate experience may also be considered for this role.
- Must have at least three years’ management experience in a leading role. Experience within a sporting organisation/Institute/National Sports Governing Body desirable
- Established reputation of recruiting or growth within an organisation
- Knowledge of coach education/development frameworks, pathways and accreditation
- Intermediate Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint
- Basic experience with web design
Skills & personal attributes:
- A passion for rugby development
- Demonstrated ability in a leadership position along with strong organisational, communication and negotiating skills are a must in this role. You will be an individual who leads by example and has the gravitas to engage and build strategic partnerships internally and externally
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and delivering ongoing annuity/revenue streams that support future organisational growth
- Clearly demonstrated expertise across high level stakeholder and community engagement with experience representing an organization through active brand management
- A proven entrepreneurial aptitude that has delivered valued outcomes for organizations and their stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in a complex business operation delivering sound financial management and operational excellence
- Proven integrity
How to apply:
Applicants should submit as complete resume, any appropriate work permits, copies of appropriate qualifications and at least three professional references including phone numbers to email@example.com.