ENGSO: Policy Director
ENGSO: Policy Director
To lead ENGSO’s advocacy work and support our members in the development of grassroots sports in different aspects, ENGSO is searching for a Policy Director to work in Brussels, based at the European Olympic Committees’ (EOC) EU Office. Deadline: 25 October 2020.
ENGSO is the European Sports NGO and the leading voice for voluntary-based grassroots sports in Europe. Together with our 37 members – National Sports Confederations, National Olympic and Paralympic Committees and other sports organisations from 33 European countries – we form a network that brings together people of different ages and backgrounds that share a passion for sport. We aspire to grassroots sports that promotes stronger communities, with the mission to represent, develop and advocate for voluntary-based sport in Europe.
As Policy Director, you would be in charge of the policy work of ENGSO within European sports policy, focusing especially on the European Union (EU) and the Council of Europe (CoE), leading the everyday advocacy work. You would also contribute to project work, Erasmus+ in particular. Here are some of your tasks:
Policy work with the focus on the EU and CoE
- Monitor policies and political landscape of the EU and CoE relevant for sport, and advocate for issues of importance to ENGSO and its members
- Lead the preparations of ENGSO positions and policy initiatives on relevant topics
- Raise the profile of ENGSO and represent the perspective of voluntary-based grassroots sport in different occasions
- Cooperate closely with the EOC EU Office, working together on specific tasks
Coordination of projects
- Initiate ENGSO projects
- Be part of the application and submission process
- Liaise with partners and stakeholders
ENGSO internal work
- Support the development and implementation of the ENGSO Strategy
- Communicate and consult with ENGSO member organisations
- Supervise a few staff members
- Plan and prepare ENGSO events together with colleagues and partners
- Coordinate with ENGSO Secretariat and report to the ENGSO Executive Committee
Please use this link to fill in your application. We will not consider applications sent in other formats or through other means. You are invited to send in your application by 25 October 2020.
For questions related to the recruitment process, please contact ENGSO Office Director Marie Denitton at email@example.com. For questions regarding the work of Policy Director, feel free to contact ENGSO Secretary General Kaisa Larjomaa, firstname.lastname@example.org.