Internship with sportanddev
Internship with sportanddev
sportanddev seeks a native English speaking intern for a six-month internship based in Biel/Bienne, Switzerland. Application deadline: 17 November 2019
The International Platform on Sport and Development (sportanddev) is seeking a native English speaker to assist the Operating Team in updating its website and other communications channels.
sportanddev is run by the Operating Team, based at the Swiss Academy for Development in Biel/Bienne, Switzerland. The Swiss Academy for Development (SAD) is a non-profit organisation implementing health, education and employment projects in several countries around the world. One of SAD’s main areas of focus is sport and development. To find out more about SAD, please visit the organisation's website.
- Location: Biel/Bienne, Switzerland
- Start date: 3 January 2020
- Internship duration: Between five and seven months (negotiable)
- Stipend: 1,500 Swiss francs per month
Candidates are expected to have an active interest and knowledge in web-based communications. Familiarity with sportanddev and the sport and development sector is an advantage.
You will be responsible for updating sportanddev’s news and views section by writing and editing articles, events and job opportunities. You will be responsible for assisting the Operating Team with animating and moderating the community areas of the sportanddev website and responding to queries and feedback. You will also maintain sportanddev’s social network presence (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Flickr).
You will be expected to take part in team meetings and to assist with various other activities within the organisation.
- Native English speaker
- A good eye for the English language with outstanding editing and proof reading skills
- Excellent writing skills
- A demonstrable interest in online communications
- Educated to degree level with an academic background in journalism, communications, international development cooperation, political science, sociology, sport management, sport science or any other related field
- Relevant work experience
- Volunteering or work experience in the non-profit sector
- Communications experience
- Familiarity with sport and development
- Knowledge of other languages (especially French, Spanish and/or German)
Candidates must have the right to live and work in Switzerland for the full duration of the internship period prior to applying for this position (i.e. hold a Swiss residence permit or a passport from an EU member state including the United Kingdom - an agreement between Switzerland and the UK stipulates that, even in the event of a no-deal Brexit, British citizens will still have the right to move to Switzerland to work until 31 December 2020).
The deadline for applications is 17 November 2019.
How to apply
Please submit your application to Paul Hunt, project manager of sportanddev. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application must include:
- Your CV
- A cover letter explaining how you can contribute to sportanddev based on your knowledge, interests, skills and experience
- A 200-500 word writing sample in English of which you are the sole author
All documents must be submitted in either Word or PDF formats. Incomplete applications will not be considered.