Internship with sportanddev.org
Internship with sportanddev.org
sportanddev.org seeks a native English speaking intern for a six-month internship based in Biel/Bienne, Switzerland. Deadline: 20 August 2017.
Please note that this opportunity was originally published with a deadline of 20 July. This has been extended for internal reasons.
The International Platform on Sport and Development – www.sportanddev.org – is seeking a native English speaker to assist the Operating Team in updating its website and other communications channels.
sportanddev.org is run by the Operating Team, based at the Swiss Academy for Development in Biel/Bienne, Switzerland. The Swiss Academy for Development (SAD) is a non-profit organisation conducting research and implementing projects in developing countries on health, education and employment. One of SAD’s main areas of focus is sport and development. To find out more about SAD, please visit the organisation's website.
The advertised position is a six month internship based in Biel/Bienne, Switzerland. The dates are 2 October 2017-30 March 2018.
Candidates are expected to have an active interest and knowledge in web-based communications. Familiarity with www.sportanddev.org will be an advantage.
This is a paid internship (1,250 CHF gross per month), working 4 ½ days per week.
You will be responsible for updating sportanddev.org’s news and views section by producing and editing articles, events and job opportunities to the online agenda. You will be responsible for assisting the Operating Team with animating and moderating the community areas of sportanddev.org and responding to queries and feedback. You will also maintain sportanddev.org’s social network presence (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Flickr).
You will be expected to take part in team meetings and to assist with various other activities within the organisation.
- Native English speaker
- A good eye for the English language with outstanding editing and proof reading skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Keen, demonstrable interest in online communications
- Educated to degree level with an academic background in journalism, communications, international development cooperation, political science, sociology, anthropology, sport management, sport science or any other related fields
- Related work experience
- Volunteering or work experience in the non-profit sector
- Communications experience
- Familiarity with sport and development
- Knowledge of other languages (especially French, Spanish and/or German)
Candidates must have the right to live and work in Switzerland for the full duration of the internship period, prior to applying for this position (i.e. hold a Swiss residence permit or a passport from an EU member state).
The deadline for applications is 20 August 2017.
How to apply
Please submit your application to Paul Hunt, project manager of sportanddev.org. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application must include:
- Your CV
- A cover letter explaining how you can contribute to sportanddev.org, based on your knowledge, interests, skills and experience
- A 200-250 word writing sample in English of which you are the sole author
All documents must be submitted in either Word or PDF formats. Incomplete applications will not be considered.