IPC: Membership Engagement Coordinator
IPC: Membership Engagement Coordinator
The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is looking for a Membership Engagement Co-ordinator, Europe (f/m/x) to join the team at the IPC Headquarters in Bonn, Germany. Deadline: 07 August.
About the IPC
At the IPC, we work as one team, aligned and focused on fulfilling our vision and mission.
The IPC’s vision is for an inclusive world through Para sport. We believe that Change Starts With Sport, and that the work of the Paralympic Movement is a catalyst for driving social inclusion and advancing the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
The IPC seeks to use the influential global position of the Paralympic Movement and the growing profile of Para athletes to challenge the stigma attached to disability and empower social transformation.
The IPC is the global governing body of the Paralympic Movement. We oversee the delivery of the Paralympic Games and Paralympic Winter Games and serve as International Federation for six Para sports. We enjoy a positive working relationship with the IPC Governing Board, members of which are democratically elected every four years by the IPC General Assembly.
The IPC is a purpose-driven non-profit association. Our mission is to lead the Paralympic Movement, oversee the delivery of the Paralympic Games and support members to enable Para athletes to achieve sporting excellence. Since 1989, we have been creating change through sport with the Paralympic Games and Paralympic athletes at our core.
The Membership Engagement Co-ordinator, Europe is accountable to the Head of Membership and will be responsible for serving as the primary liaison with IPC members in Europe. The role entails coordinating the support for IPC members in Europe while maintaining relationship with stakeholders including the European Paralympic Committee, National Paralympic Committees, and IPC departments to ensure the needs of European IPC members are well represented.
- Serve as the primary liaison between the IPC and our members in Europe, developing relationships, providing responsive support, and driving engagement in IPC activities and events.
- Ensure that the needs of IPC members in Europe are well represented within the IPC through close collaboration with relevant IPC departments.
- Work with European IPC members to enhance their governance – helping them build sustainable structures and strategies to support their Para Athletes, in line with the IPC Handbook and IPC Strategic Plan, with the support of International Federations, Governments and other key stakeholders.
- Support the coordination of key international events including the IPC General Assembly and Membership Gathering.
- Execute and support other tasks or projects related to Membership Engagement.
We seek an individual who is demonstrably committed to making the world a better place and finds inspiration in the IPC’s vision and aspiration. We are out for someone who thrives under pressure and can complement colleagues in a fast-paced environment with great team mindset.
- A university-level degree in a related field, such as International Relations, Political Science, Law or Sport Management.
- At least one year working experience in an intercultural environment, preferably in Europe and/or working with European stakeholders.
- Excellent relationship-building, diplomacy, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written command of English.
- Be able to operate multitask in a fast-changing environment under given deadlines.
- Excellent team player and self-starter with a strategic mind-set.
- Detail-oriented and meticulous work manner.
- Be willing to travel internationally and work flexible hours during events.
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint).
- Proven experience working with governance within National Paralympic Committees, International Federations, or similar organisations.
- Excellent verbal and written command of French; an additional language in particular German or Russian would be an asset.
- Having an understanding of SharePoint or Dynamics365 is an asset.
If you are interested and provide a good match with our requirements, please send your CV and cover letter in English and in pdf to MembershipJobs@paralympic.org.
For this position, we will review applications and interview candidates on a rolling basis, with a final deadline of 07 August 2022.
The IPC is an equal opportunity employer, and we especially encourage individuals with a disability and members of minority groups to apply; we support the relocation process and provide transitional accessible accommodation. For further information on the IPC, please contact us or visit our website under www.paralympic.org.