Program Coordinator - Kids Play Rwanda
Program Coordinator - Kids Play Rwanda
Kids Play Rwanda is looking for a Program Coordinator. Deadline: 18 January 2021
Position: Kids Play Rwanda - Program Coordinator
Type: Independent Contractor, 2 Year minimum commitment
Position Location: Gatagara, Rwanda
Program Location: Gatagara, Rwanda
Start Date: April 2020 (Flexible)
Promote gender equity through sport and the Olympic Values in post genocide affected countries.
Build a global community in which the power of sport empowers girls and creates supportive boys by addressing gender, social and cultural stereotypes that reinforce gender inequality.
Kids Play International (KPI) has been working in the rural community or Gatagara, Rwanda since 2012 and in a village outside of Siem Reap, Cambodia since 2017. KPI is primarily working towards reducing negative gender stereotypes and improving the leadership skills of women and girls so they can forge their own paths. Both our Let’s Play Fair (LPF) and new All Girls United (AGU) programs methodically encourage both girls and boys to challenge harmful gender stereotypes; and they help girls find their voices in order to transcend restrictive conceptions of femininity, become confident leaders and self-advocates, and ultimately attain better educational, employment, and healthy living outcomes.
Kids Play is seeking a Program Coordinator who recognizes and understands how sport can create social change. This is also someone who is excited and inspired to work in a rural village helping to empower both girls and boys to challenge harmful gender stereotypes which can create a more equitable society.
KPI’s PC should ideally be someone who has played/enjoys/understands how sport can be used as a tool to promote social change, is an advocate for equality between girls and boys and has excellent organizational, leadership, writing and communication and presentation skills.
The overall responsibilities will include:
- Developing and facilitating gender equity and sport curriculum for our Let’s Play Fair, All Girls United, and Play Fair Community Day programs.
- Planning and executing special events/camps throughout the year,
- Managing, training, mentoring local staff and volunteer coaches to increase program ownership
- Leading coach capacity trainings,
- Developing coach and youth professional development trainings,
- Working with local partners,
- Executing required activities within awarded grants,
- Building deeper impact with our partner schools,
- Observing, collecting, and reporting data on all programs,
- Helping to organize volunteer trip itineraries/activities,
- Writing reports for grantors, blogs/newsletter communications, and as part of regular Monitoring and Evaluation.
The responsibilities of this position may change depending on the skills, professional interests and goals of the selected candidate.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications/competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 4 years working experience at an international level with humanitarian NGOs or
- operational UN agencies OR 2 years of field experience in challenging environments
- Proven experience in project management, including budget expenditure, data collection, report writing, and staff management.
- Preferable experience and strong interest in the areas of sport for development, gender equity, women’s empowerment, and public health.
- Ability to empower, mentor and train local staffAbility to empower, mentor and train local staff
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- High degree of computer literacy
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Political and cultural sensitivity, including ability to adapt well to local cultures
- Proven ability to function well in a lower-resourced environment
- Strong liaison and communication skills
- Innovative and creative thinking
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
Please send a resume/CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Rwanda Program Coordinator Position.”
Interviews starting Monday, 18 January 2021