Project communications manager (f/m)
Project communications manager (f/m)
streetfootballworld is a global NGO that harnesses the power of football to tackle some of the greatest social challenges of our time. The organisation’s work supports an international network of over 120 grassroots organisations that use football as a tool to address deep-rooted community issues, ranging from refugee integration in Ireland to gender equality in Kenya. Collectively, the network empowers more than one million disadvantaged young people per year.
Driven by the vision of building an intrinsic link between the global business of football and social change, streetfootballworld recently embarked on an effort to launch a movement charitable football players committed to supporting football-based project that drive progress towards the UN Sustainable Development Goals. To help us to prepare the project launch, we are looking for a passionate Project Communications Manager (f/m) to join our team in Berlin.
The Project Communications Manager is responsible for designing and executing the project's strategic communication across all stages of the donor life cycle. In collaboration with external communication partners, he or she will develop a range of communications tactics and materials aimed at both attracting new donors from the football industry and retaining those who have already signed up. This means identifying appropriate channels to use at every stage of the donor life cycle, crafting the right message(s) for each channel and establishing an effective framework for monitoring and evaluating their impact.
- You serve as the primary counterpart for collaborating with agencies and other creatives, providing briefings for production elements and feedback on deliverables that shape our audiences' brand experience.
- You create and commission content for collateral aimed at attracting new donors, sponsors and communication multipliers.
- You support the organisation of events and the management of press relations.
- You help to establish the project’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram).
- You document ongoing social impact outcomes to help guide donor experience and understand the impact they are having (e.g. impact reports, video testimonials).
- You design, deploy, and monitor a process for measuring communication effectiveness to ensure high performance communication.
- You hold a university degree in a related field of studies (e.g. communication, media science, marketing).
- You have a minimum of three years’ professional work experience, you understand donor-centric communications, and you know how to deliver a great brand experience.
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are a native English speaker (knowledge of additional languages is a plus).
- You have the ability to structure and manage your workload independently and effectively.
- You are an open-minded team player who likes to think cross-departmental and work together with people from different cultural backgrounds.
- You thrive on challenging the status-quo and have a genuine passion for our cause.
- A fixed-term contract until 31 December 2017, at fair conditions subject to your qualifications and professional experience with the option for a longer term contract.
- A stimulating working environment with flat hierarchies and creative freedom.
- A unique opportunity to build a future in which the world’s favorite sport becomes the world’s greatest catalyst for social change.
- Would you like to play an active part in social change on a global level? Then get into the game and become part of our team!
Please submit your complete application documents including details of your expected salary and the earliest possible start date in a single pdf-file by email to Manuel Normann, email@example.com
Deadline: 10 March 2017.