Research Assistant Intern
Research Assistant Intern
Mission 89 is looking for a Research Assistant intern to assist in research and advocacy, providing support to Mission 89’s leadership and Research Partners. Deadline: 15 September.
Mission 89 is a research, education, and advocacy organisation that fights the exploitation of young athletes through social and economic transformation.
The Research Assistant Intern assists in all forms of research and advocacy, providing support to Mission 89’s leadership and Research Partners. The intern will research information on a range of legal issues that are related to Child Trafficking, Human Rights and Sport Integrity, assisting in the process of drafting documents of advocacy, and contributing to developing the research function of this new NGO.
- Develop Mission 89’s research protocols, assessment and evaluation tools
- Contribute to the research design and field studies in relation to Mission 89’s aims and objectives
- Develop or assist in the development of interview schedules; contact potential subjects to introduce and explain study objectives and protocol and arrange interviews
- Prepare materials for submission to agencies and foundations that fund research
- Prepare a database of organsations, agencies, and websites relevant to Mission 89’s activities
- Prepare and present findings of research activity to colleagues for review purposes
- Help prepare progress reports on research for funding bodies as required
- Assist Director with special projects, which may include tasks such as: working on meeting strategy and negotiation preparations
- Assist on content research
Key skills required for the role
- Experience conducting research with a good understanding of qualitative research methodologies
- Good knowledge and understanding of issues of human rights and/or trafficking (preferred)
- Ability to present complex information effectively to a range of audiences
- Experience of working autonomously and exercising judgement
- Excellent analytical, organisational, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Working proficiency in English required; proficiency in French desired
- MA in relevant field of study
- This internship is open to recent graduates, and graduate MA or PhD students
- This is a part-time unpaid internship with the possibility to develop into a full-time employment
- Available to work 20 hours per week (according to workload).
- Open to candidates from any location as work will be conducted remotely
Please send your CV and cover letter to Mission 89 at email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 15 September, 2021.