Social Media and Web Coordinator
Social Media and Web Coordinator
Generations For Peace is seeking a Social Media and Web Coordinator.
Reporting to the Senior Communications Manager, the Social Media and Web Coordinator leads on GFP’s social media development to contribute to stronger engagement with key stakeholders including current and potential donors and partners, delegates, pioneers and volunteers. The role is responsible for the maintenance of the GFP website in both English and Arabic, SEO, managing updates, new design and functionality as required, and liaising with external web design providers where necessary.
The Social Media and Web Coordinator also supports the Communications Department with translation, proof-reading (in Arabic and English), and shadows other staff as needed to update and access contacts databases and photo and video inventories.
Reporting to the Senior Communications Manager, the Social Media and Web Coordinator will manage workload, prioritise and schedule to meet deadlines in the following areas:
- Prepare a social media development strategy focused on engagement with (a) our Donors and Partners; and (b) our Delegates & Pioneers; with quarterly, monthly, and weekly priorities.
- Create a schedule for communications posts on all GFP social media channels.
- Lead responsibility for official GFP posts to strategically prioritised GFP social media channels (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc, taking into consideration needs/preferences of (a) our Donors and Partners; and (b) our Delegates & Pioneers.
- Take other GFP communications content (press releases, web stories, reports, blog entries, announcements, testimonials, quotations, images and videos) and post on relevant social media channels and;
- Develop the external e-newsletter and the internal “Cascade” newsletter (in liaison with Programmes Department) using the same content.
- Regularly monitor third party websites and social media channels administered by or of interest to Delegates, Pioneers, donors or partners (including other GFP satellite social media channels, and donor and partner websites and social media channels) and identify content items to share or link to on GFP social media, and/or posts/comments to make on behalf of GFP on the third party sites/channels.
- Monitor GFP social media channels and respond to posts and messages in a timely manner, sourcing additional information and/or responses from other staff where necessary.
- Ensure all posts are fact-checked and proof-read, and that all necessary permissions have been obtained before sharing images or video.
- Use tools and tactics that generate maximum engagement in social media; including topical relevant and provocative content, polls, competitions, live-online chats, popular hashtags, etc.
- Lead on testing and using appropriate tools for maximizing social media fan base and influence.
- Lead on monitoring and evaluating all GFP social media channels, providing regular and specific event reports on coverage and influence with analysis and recommendations based on the data.
- Lead on social media design elements (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, ads, and Twitter profile).
- Create basic engaging and professional visuals that reflect GFP (infographics, photos with text, short videos, etc).
- Stay up to date with trends on social media around the world and apply on GFP’s channels accordingly.
- Manage content creation, community building, and administration of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Youtube) for departments within GFP.
- Create and manage social media ad campaigns.
- Lead on GFP website development according to best practice and industry trends around the world.
- Lead on updating GFP’s website in English and in Arabic:
- Assist Media and Communications Officer to upload press releases, media coverage, and other posts to GFP’s English and Arabic website when required.
- Ensure all website functionality is operational (donate page, volunteer sign-up, newsletter sign-up, etc)
- Lead on implementation of Search Engine Optimisation and Google Adwords.
- Regularly research industry best practices and make suggestions to improve GFP’s website.
- Liaise with external contractors as needed for website updates/modifications.
- Lead on arranging translation from English to Arabic and to other languages, using contracted translators and ensuring proof-reading checks of quality by native speakers (liaising with Programmes Department to contact Delegates to arrange translators and to proof-read their local language translations).
- Assist with proof-reading and checking of Arabic communications, with highest attention to detail.
- Assist Media and Communications Officer with Arabic media, identifying media hits and translating where necessary.
Education, Qualifications, Competences, Skills Required:
- University Bachelor’s Degree minimum
- At least three year’s professional experience
- Experience in social media development and monitoring
- Experience in web maintenance
- Experience in PR communications
- Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic
- Experience proof-reading and fact-checking
- Excellent active listening, problem solving, client management and customer service skills
- Excellent computer skills (documents/spreadsheets/databases/presentations/calendars/email)
- Proven ability to work under pressure and multi-task, managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines
- Proven ability to work in a multi-cultural team
- Interest in global current affairs, peace building and development
- Strong organisational skills, ability to multi-task and a solid work ethic
- Some experience in translation English to Arabic and Arabic to English
- Experience in blogging
- Experience in web design
How to apply:
Apply on the Generations for Peace website. Send fully completed application form, in detail, together with CV/resume to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 12:00GMT, 08 May 2017. Incomplete or late applications will not be reviewed.