TAFISA: Office Manager
TAFISA: Office Manager
TAFISA is looking for an Office Manager to help in managing the office, administration, membership relations & engagement, as well as project work. Deadline: 15 June.
TAFISA is the leading international Sport for All organisation. We strive to raise awareness about the benefits of Sport for All and physical activity worldwide and our vision is to create a better world through Sport for All. We support the promotion of Sport for All and physical activity through our network of over 380 members across 170 countries, and work with the International Olympic Committee, the European Commission, UNESCO, or the International Council of Sport Science and Physical Education (ICSSPE), among others.
To manage the TAFISA Office, administration, membership relations & engagement, as well as project work, we are recruiting an Office Manager to start on 1st August 2022 for an initial period of 1 year. The Office Manager shall be a native German language speaker and fluent in English, which is the working language of the organisation.
- Management of membership relations & engagement (membership applications, patronage applications, membership communications, mass (e-)mailings to members and stakeholders…)
- Management of TAFISA Office (supplies, travel management, team-building activities, organisation of meetings, administration of interns)
- Coordination and preparation of TAFISA Board of Directors’ activities (meetings)
- Coordination and preparation of TAFISA General Assembly
- Office and financial administration
- Assistance with management of relationships with German authorities and German partners of TAFISA
- Assistance with relationship with German tax, insurance and legal advisors
- Coordination with the Organising Committee of the 28th TAFISA World Sport for All Games in Düsseldorf, Germany
- Coordination of TAFISA projects
- Implementation of day-to-day activities with the TAFISA team
The Office Manager will be employed on the base of a full-time position (39,25h/week) and an initial 1-year contract. His/her workplace will be the TAFISA Executive Office in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. S/He will integrate the TAFISA Team and will be directly supervised by TAFISA’s Secretary General. The work will involve frequent travel Europe- and worldwide. The Office Manager shall perform his/her duties in compliance with TAFISA’s statutes, bylaws and Code of Ethics as well as in accordance with the decisions of the BOD and with the other arrangements applying to the office.
The salary is adequate to the requirements of the position and follows the German TVöD.
Required qualifications and competences
- Bachelor or Masters degree in sport management, business administration, project management or other relevant fields
- German level: native speaker
- English Level: fluent with full professional proficiency
- Willingness to travel
- Diplomatic skills to work with diverse stakeholders including Board of Directors
- Communication skills
- Interest in non-profit work and the grassroots sport movement
- Quick learner and forward thinker who can preempt issues before they arise
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and team-player who is also able to work independently
- Ability to multitask and work towards competing deadlines by prioritising workload
- Excellent knowledge of the Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Willing to relocate and work in Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Please send your application to: Wolfgang Baumann, Secretary General at email@example.com
The application should include the following:
- Cover letter
- Evidence of expertise and experience, such as certificates, references, etc.
It should be submitted in English, in one PDF, before 15 June 2022.