Team Up: Communications Specialist
Team Up: Communications Specialist
Team Up is looking for a Communications Specialist who is passionate about gender equality, inclusion and the potential of sport to achieve development outcomes. Deadline: 9 January 2022.
Team Up is the Australian Government’s sport for development program in the Asia-Pacific comprising more than 30 programs that are working towards three outcomes:
- Sport programs attract and retain women, girls and people with a disability, as well as men and boys
- Sport organisations are safe, inclusive and accessible
- Australia and Asia-Pacific partners use sport to strengthen relationships and build closer collaboration.
These three outcomes all contribute to Team Up’s overall goal: Australia-Asia-Pacific sport partnerships support all people to realise their full potential through sport. GHD's International Development Assistance (IDA) Team deliver project management and technical services for the world's largest development organisations to improve the lives of people in developing countries.
Team Up are seeking applications for a Communications Specialist, an exciting new role for a resident of Fiji, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Tonga or Vanuatu who is passionate about gender equality, inclusion and the potential of sport to achieve development outcomes.
Fulltime until 31 March 2023 (with possibility of extension) this position will work alongside the media and strategic communications adviser and the monitoring, evaluation, reporting and learning (MERL) team. The specialist will also take a lead role in transforming content and information submitted by Team Up partner organisations through the regular reporting cycle into communications products for external audiences. This position is for an ‘all-rounder’ with particular focus on content creation (both in-depth resources and digital content) and social media.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Day-to-day responsibility for social media and ensuring that channels are fully leveraged, including the opportunity to implement new initiatives and creatively maximise the use of content and information supplied by program partners
- Converting material from partner reports into communications content (website stories, social media content, ready-to-publish stories for distribution, printed products etc) with guidance from the media and strategic communications adviser
- Converting material from partner reports into a range of public-facing MERL outputs and resources (reports, infographics, factsheets, summaries, stories, etc), with guidance from the MERL team
- Assisting with the implementation of other communications-related initiatives across the program eg virtual events
Skills and requirements
- A tertiary qualification in a field related to communications or communications for development would be an advantage, in addition to a minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a related media or communications role
- Experience in either sport communications or development communications, with demonstrated understanding of, and interest in, the other
- Track record of developing impactful content for digital and physical communications products that engage with a range of audiences (please submit at least two examples with your application)
- Exceptional writing skills in English and the ability to create ready-to-publish written content of varying formats, lengths and complexity, following a style guide
- Experience managing social media channels, content and campaigns across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Highly organised with the ability to manage multiple, overlapping projects and collaborate with multi-disciplinary colleagues located in various locations
- Confident in interviewing program participants and stakeholders and creating communications content based on interviews
- Basic graphic design skills
- Experience creating communication outputs from partner reporting inputs and video editing skills would be highly regarded
All candidates must adhere to GHD’s Child Protection Policy, Integrity Management Policy, Code of Conduct and other key policies.
A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated with the preferred candidate and it is open to applicants based in Fiji, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Tonga or Vanuatu.
To express your interest, submit your CV and cover letter addressing the specific skill requirements above through this website.
As part of your application, please upload two examples of your digital and physical communications products with your CV and cover letter.
Closing date: Sunday, 9 January 2022.
For any queries or to request a copy of the full terms of reference please email TeamUp@ghd.com.