A young advocate of sport for peace and development in Nigeria. Under the auspices of my NGO, Sport for Impact Outreach (SIO), my mission is to advance the sustainable development goals (SDGs) among children and youths in Nigeria communities through the power of sport.
As an International Relation student of Obafemi Awolowo University, Osun state, Nigeria, i have strong conviction about the tremendous power of sport to drive social change, peace and development. This informed my passion to use this powerful tool of sport to advance the sustainable development goals in Nigeria communities among youths and children in key areas of Education, Health, Peace, Gender Equality and Environmental sustainability. i believe through my NGO, Sport for Impact Outreach (SIO), i can consolidate efforts of government and other stakeholders like civil society organisations, ngos among others a healthy, inclusive and peaceful Nigeria communities.
I am strongly committed to use sport in
- To inspire increased youth interest in diverse sport through active participation and in the development of domestic sport industry.
- Encourage school enrolment, retention, and access to education for Nigerian child in disadvantaged communities through sport.
- To contribute to a peaceful, violent free Nigeria communities by encouraging dialogue as best means of conflict resolution and promoting tolerance.
- To use sport as a tool to strengthen social inclusion through building community participation through organised sporting programmes and access.
- To expose youths and children to skills, information and entrepreneurial training and opportunities abounds in sport and the community at large.
- To direct efforts to ameliorating the incidence of youth related physical and mental illnesses caused by drug abuse and inactive lifestyle.
- To prepare young Nigerians to take active role in community youth project using sport to drive positive change.
- The use of sport as a tool in the pursuit of development cooperation, humanitarian aid and peace-building efforts as championed in the Sustainable Development Goals of the UN, UNOSDP, Commonwealth SDP, AU among others