Prof. Dr. Zubaidullo UBAIDULLOEV
Prof. Dr. Zubaidullo UBAIDULLOEV
A scholar, professor, speaker and active contributor in the Sport World and Olympic Movement.
Subjects taught and researched: Sport and Peace, Sport Diplomacy, Sport in International Relations, Sport for Refugees, etc.
I live and work in Japan for the last 14 years since 2007 and have been making my humble contribution in the academic, sport and Olympic fields. I am interested in promoting academic, cultural and sport relations, exchanges and cooperation between the East Asian countries (Korea, Japan) with the Middle East, Central Asia, Caucasus and other countries.
Date & place of birth: 29.08.1973. Tajikistan, USSR.
Nationality/citizenship: Republic of Tajikistan.
December 2020 - December 2021: Senior Research Fellow, Institute of Global Medical and Sport Science, Japan.
May 2019 - March 2020: Senior Research Fellow, "Peace through Sports" Research Project, Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) Research Institute. Topic: “Sport for refugees in Jordan: programs, challenges and prospects”.
March 2016 - March 2019: Associate Professor, Tsukuba International Academy for Sport Studies (TIAS), Faculty of Health and Sport Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Japan. Taught: International Relations, Sport and Peace, Sport Diplomacy, etc.
Apr. 2015 – Feb. 2016: Researcher, Tsukuba International Academy for Sport Studies (TIAS), Faculty of Health and Sport Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Japan.
Apr. 2013 - Mar. 2015: Researcher, Team “NIPPON” Multi-Support Project, Sports Research & Development CORE, University of Tsukuba, Japan.
Oct. 2012 - Mar. 2013: Part-time researcher, Centre for Olympic Research & Education, University of Tsukuba, Japan.
2000-2006: Research Fellow, Institute of Oriental Studies and Written Heritage; Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Tajikistan.
2006-2007: Head, Department of International Relations, Presidium of Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Tajikistan.
WORKING EXPERIENCE DURING THE OLYMPIC GAMES:
Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games:
1). 2014, January 26 – February 26: Staff of the Team JAPAN Support Center, Sochi Multi-Support House (MSH), Japan Sport Council during the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games. Sochi, Russian Federation.
2). 2013, March 14-20: Staff of the Team JAPAN Support Center, Sochi Multi-Support House Trial, Japan Sport Council. Sochi, Russian Federation.
PARTICIPATION AT THE SPORT-RELATED EVENTS:
- EU Sport Diplomacy Academy. Module 3. Rijeka, Croatia. July 15, 2021. (Lecturer).
- EU SPORT FORUM 2021. "Towards a healthier, resilient and sustainable European sport". The European Comission, Directorate General for Education, Youth, Sport and Culture. 8-9 June 2021. Online. (Participant).
- International Conference "Good Governance in Sport". Bulgarian Sports Development Association (BSDA). Sofia, Bulgaria. Online & Offline. June 4, 2021. (Participant).
- Sport for All Summit 2021. 4th International Conference on Sport for All. Ankara, Turkey. Online. Organized by: Turkish Sport for All Federation, Gazi University and Bayburt University. 21-23 May, 2021. (Speaker).
- International Sport and Culture Association (ISCA)'s Integration of Refugees Through Sport (IRTS) Networking Webinar: "Never Stop Learning". May 12, 2021. (Participant).
- TAFISA Mission 2030 Workshop Series "Active Spaces: Fostering Active Communities". The Association For International Sport for All (TAFISA). May 11, 2021. (Participant).
- ASEAN University Sports Council (AUSC) Sports Talk Webinar 2021: "From Sports to Life": Dream it, Believe it, Achieve it". May 10, 2021. (Participant).
- 2nd International Conference Sport4Impact - SPORT AS A VEHICLE FOR SOCIAL IMPACT. Webinar 3: "Private sector as a co-driver". Milan, Italy. May 7, 2021. (Participant).
- Stanford University APRC webinar "The Tokyo Olympics, COVID-19, and Governance and Gender in Japanese Sports". May 6, 2021. (Participant).
- World Taekwondo - FISU University Sport and Peace Forum: "Humanity, Social Justice and Gender Equality". Online. April 30, 2021. (Participant).
- 2nd International Conference Sport4Impact - SPORT AS A VEHICLE FOR SOCIAL IMPACT. Webinar 2: "Skills in, for and through Sport". Milan, Italy. April 30, 2021. (Participant).
- 2nd International Conference Sport4Impact - SPORT AS A VEHICLE FOR SOCIAL IMPACT. Webinar 1: "Social Inclusion for Development". Milan, Italy. April 23, 2021. (Participant).
- SportWorks TALKS webinar "Sports and Refugees: The United Nations Refugee Agency perspective". Speaker: Nick Sore, Senior Refugee Sports Coordinator at UNHCR. April 22, 2021. (Participant).
- ICSSPE video-conference. Introductory presentations by the candidates for the Executive Board of the International Council of Sports Science and Physical Education (ICSSPE). April 22, 2021. (Participant).
- Ju-Jitsu International Federation (JJIF) online conference to celebrate the International Day of Sport for Development and Peace. Concept launch of the "Ju-Jitsu for Good" program. April 10, 2021. (Participant).
- Forum "Sport Diplomacy and Cooperation for Peace and Development". Organized by: Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Mexico, Technical Council for Diplomacy and Sport Cooperation, Ibero-American University, and Matias Romero Institute. Online. April 6, 2021. (Participant).
- Laureus Sport for Good webinar to celebrate the International Day of Sport for Development and Peace: Laureus programs in Africa, Europe, Middle East. April 6, 2021. (Participant).
- ICSSPE Online Event on "Sustainable Development through Sport". International Council of Sports Science and Physical Education (ICSSPE). Berlin, Germany. March 31, 2021. (Participant).
- SPORTSDIP Series: "Sport as a Tool for Public Diplomacy". Organized by: Embassy of the Czech Republic in Washington DC and the Czech Olympic Committee. Online. March 30, 2021. (Participant).
- IDO Webinar "Challenges for the Management of Sports Organizations during COVID-19". International Dance Organization (IDO), Denmark. March 25, 2021. (Participant).
- Third International Conference in Sport Science/Virtual. Dedicated to the Centennial of the State of Jordan and 60 years anniversary of the University of Jordan. Conference theme: "Healthy Lifestyle and Physical Activity in light of the COVID-19 pandemic". School of Sport Science, University of Jordan. Amman, Jordan. March 16-17, 2021. (Speaker).
- JICA Conference "Sport for Refugees in Jordan: Programs, Challenges and Prospects". 12 February 2020. Amman, Jordan. (Organizer).
- Peace and Sport International Forum 2019, Monaco. 11-13 December 2019. (Participant).
- XXIV ANOC General Assembly. Doha, Qatar. 17-18 October, 2019. (Observer).
- 1st ANOC World Beach Games Qatar 2019. 12-16 October, 2019. (Observer).
- 1st International Scientific Forum on the “Ideas and Development Projects for the development of the Arab Sports System”. Kuwait, 3-5 April, 2019. (Keynote Speaker).
- 29th Winter Universiade Krasnoyarsk 2019. Krasnoyarsk, Russia. 1-8 March 2019. (Organizing Committee Guest).
- FISU World Conference on Innovation–Education–Sport, 5-7 March, 2019, Krasnoyarsk, Russia (Participant).
- XXIII ANOC General Assembly. Tokyo, Japan. 28-30 November, 2018. (Observer).
- 5th International Conference of the College of Education: Sport and Sustainable Development. Muscat, Oman. 8-9 October 2018. (Keynote Speaker).
- Forum of Olympic Studies. A promotion of the ARETE - Center for Olympic Studies of the Federal University of Espírito Santo and the Brazilian Pierre de Coubertin Committee. Vitória, Brazil. 2-3 October 2018. (Keynote Speaker).
- 2nd International Summit of Young Professionals in Sports. Children of Asia Games International Committee. Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Russian Federation. 17-21 September 2018. (Keynote Speaker).
- 37th Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) General Assembly. Jakarta, Indonesia. 19 August 2018.
- 18th Asian Games Jakarta-Palembang 2018. 16-25 August 2018. OCA Distinguished Guest.
- Olympic Solidarity/Olympic Council of Asia (OS/OCA) Regional Forum 2018 for NOCs of South Asia, South-East Asia and East Asia Zones. Phnom Penh, Cambodia. 6-7 May 2018. (Speaker).
- Olympic Solidarity/Olympic Council of Asia (OS/OCA) Regional Forum 2018 for NOCs of West Asia and Central Asia Zones. Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. 2-3 May 2018. (Speaker).
- Asian Chess Summit. Al-Ain, UAE. 20-24 December 2017. (Speaker).
- 25th TAFISA World Congress. Seoul, Korea. 15-19 November 2017. (Speaker).
- 2nd International Dead Sea Conference of Sport and Health Science - Arab-European Conference of Sport and Health Science (AECSHS). Dead Sea, Jordan. 1-3 November 2017. (Speaker).
- Ashgabat 2017 The 5th Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games. Ashgabat, Turkmenistan. 16-23 September 2017.
- 36th Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) General Assembly. Ashgabat, Turkmenistan. 20 September 2017.
- UNESCO Sixth International Conference of Ministers and Senior Officials Responsible for Physical Education and Sport. Kazan, Republic of Tatarstan, Russian Federation. 13-15 July 2017.
- Baku 2017 The 4th Islamic Solidarity Games, Baku, Azerbaijan. 9-17 May 2017.
- Rio 2016 Paralympic Games, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. 30 August - 8 September 2016.
- Peace and Sport International Forum 2016, Monaco. 23-25 November 2016. (Observer).
- Sochi 2014 Olympic Games, Sochi, Russian Federation. 26 January - 26 February 2014.
- Sochi 2014 Paralympic Games, Sochi, Russian Federation. 9-14 March 2014.
- Incheon 2014 The Asian Para Games, Incheon, Korea. 18-21 October 2014.
Ph.D. in International and Advanced Japanese Studies, University of Tsukuba, Japan (2011).
M.A. in Politics (specialization in International Relations), Jawaharlal Nehru University, India (2000).
Undergraduate in Oriental Languages (Hindi language), Tajikistan State University, Tajikistan (1996).
2006 (Sept.1-15): Training on Diplomacy. Organized by Egyptian Fund for Technical Cooperation. National Research Center. Cairo. Egypt.
2003 (Apr.25-June 5): Advanced International Programme on Conflict Resolution. Department of Peace and Conflict Research, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden.
Fluent: Tajiki (mother tongue), Persian (Farsi), Dari, Hindi, Urdu, English, Russian.
Basic: Japanese, Arabic, Uzbek, Uygur, Azerbaijani, Ottoman Turkish.
Several articles published in India, Japan, Jordan, Republic of Korea, Russia, UK, Taiwan and Tajikistan.
The most recent publication:
Ubaidulloev, Z. “Tokyo 2020, Japan and the COVID-19”. Altamiuz Sport Publications. Kuwait. June 26, 2021.
Ubaidulloev, Z. “Sport for Peace: A New Era of International Cooperation and Peace through Sport”. Asia-Pacific Review. Volume 25, Number 2, pp.104–126. NPI and Routledge Taylor & Francis Group, November 2018.
1). Member of UNESCO’s Expert Working Group at the Sixth International Conference of Ministers and Senior Officials Responsible for Physical Education and Sport (MINEPS VI) in July 2017 in Kazan, Republic of Tatarstan, Russia.
2). Member of the Working Group on Action 3 of the UNESCO Kazan Action Plan.
3). Member of the ‘Special Advisory Group’ for the International Centre of Martial Arts for Youth Development and Engagement (ICM) under the auspices of UNESCO (from January 16, 2019).
4). Editorial Board Member, International Sports Science Journal (ISSJ), Academy of Sport Science, Saudi Arabia (from January 2020).
Ambassador For Peace, UPF, 2017.
Nakasone Yasuhiro Award, 2012.
1. Tajiki traditional wrestling Kushti. 2. Judo. 3. Football. 4. Volleyball. 5. Swimming. 6. Badminton.