East Africa Cup 2019
East Africa Cup 2019
East Africa (Youth Development) Cup is a sporting, cultural and educational annual event held in Moshi, near Kilimanjaro in Tanzania. This year's East Africa cup will be 16 years “young”. The event will take place on 25 to 30 June .
Most people living below the poverty line belong to two regions: Southern Asia and sub-Saharan Africa. Sub-Sahara Africa includes all countries south of the Sahara desert including those in East Africa.
One of the Sustainable Development Goals is, by 2030 to reduce at least by half the proportion of men, women and children of all ages living in poverty in all its dimensions according to national definitions.
Why poverty matters to the youth:
“Your active engagement in policy-making can make a difference in addressing poverty. It ensures that your rights are promoted and that your voice is heard, that inter-generational knowledge is shared, and that innovation and critical thinking are encouraged at all ages to support transformational change in people’s lives and communities”. (Sustainable Development Goal #1)
In 2030, 16- and 13-year-old youths participating in the 2019 East Africa Cup will be 27 and 25 years old respectively; they need to be engaged and heard now in order to prepare them for the future.
The East Africa (Youth Development) Cup is an annual sporting, cultural and educational event held in Moshi, near Kilimanjaro. This year's East Africa Cup will be 16 years “young”. The event will take place on 25 to 30 June.
There will be a football seven-a-side competition for young people under 16 and under 13 , both boys and girls. Equally important will be education and awareness sessions on how the youth can be engaged now to become change agents in future; there will be seminars on:
- Youth solutions to poverty - a stop poverty campaign
- Good health and wellbeing – HIV/AIDS and first aid
- Clean water and sanitation – WASH
- Decent work and economic growth – entrepreneurship and career guidance
- Peace justice and strong institutions – interfaith dialogue, conflict resolution and transformation and child safeguarding
Other seminars will include:
- Coaching and laws of the game
- Abilities first
- Leadership and networking
Apply now to enter a team - the application deadline is 20 May. Contact us for more information:
- WhatsApp: +255 737 009 379
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Messenger: East Africa Cup