Beyond Sport: Development Associate
Beyond Sport: Development Associate
Beyond Sport is looking for a Development Associate to help with fundraising tasks and goals. Deadline: 15 July.
- Reports to: Associate Director of Development
- Location: New York, NY
- Position type: Full time
- Salary range: $40,000-$50,000 per year plus benefits (offer commensurate with experience)
- Closing date: July 15, 2022
Beyond Sport is looking for an entrepreneurial, results and detail-oriented individual to join an international non-profit dedicated to using sport as a lever to create effective solutions to the most complex issues of our time. You will be part of a small but mighty fast-moving team, reporting to the Associate Director of Development. As of now this job is a hybrid position; our team typically meets at a WeWork one day per week, with the other days working remotely.
The Development Associate role is an exciting opportunity to join an organization during its growth phase. In this role, you will be an integral part of a small development team, ensuring that important fundraising tasks and goals are met to achieve Beyond Sport’s short-term goals and long-term vision. We are looking for a mission-driven, passionate individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
Support the Associate Director of Development in fundraising efforts, including but not limited to:
- Research on prospective corporate, foundation, and individual funders
- Outreach to prospective donors and joining meetings with prospective and current donors as needed
- Stewarding and managing donor relationships as needed
- Help ensuring timely completion of proposals and presentations for current and prospective donors, including writing, gathering research, developing proposal attachments, and submitting in a timely manner
- Collaborate with the communications and marketing team on copy and other development/partnership related deliverables
- Assist with the planning and delivery of Beyond Sport events, including its flagship US event (Beyond Sport United) as needed
- Assist with planning and delivery of special fundraising events as needed
Database and administrative support:
- Assist the Associate Director of Development with implementation of Beyond Sport’s new CRM system
- Assist with managing development databases and performing data entry tasks as needed
- Generating invoices for Beyond Sport partners
- Executes follow up on meetings with communication summaries
Knowledge, skills and experience
- 3-4 years of experience working in fundraising and partnership development
- Proven track record of success in soliciting donations and developing and maintaining donor relationships
- College degree from a four-year institution
- Excellent communication, research, and writing skills
- Experience working in and collaborating across small teams
- The ability to learn and work quickly, efficiently, and to deadline
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite, CRM platforms, and development-related databases
- Good understanding of the philanthropic landscape in North America and the United Kingdom
- Passion for sports and experience working with international teams is preferred, but not required
- Eligibility to work in the USA
Please upload a copy of your resume and a cover letter on this website, setting out your skills and experience that make you the right fit for this role.
If successfully shortlisted to final stage selection, an example of your written work may be requested.
Applications without a resume and cover letter will not be considered. Please take note of the salary band offered and only apply if this is in line with your expectations.