inFocus Consulting: Junior Learning & Evaluation Consultant
inFocus Consulting: Junior Learning & Evaluation Consultant
inFocus Consulting is looking for a Junior Evaluation and Learning Consultant to support the delivery of inFocus training, evaluation and consultancy services and products. Deadline: 14 January 2022.
Job Title: Junior Learning & Evaluation Consultant (UK)
Reports to: Operations Manager
Location: Based in the UK (remote working from home)
Type of contract: Fixed Term for One Year
inFocus Consulting is a social impact consultancy firm, working in the UK, USA, Europe and within international development arena all over the world. We support clients to improve both individual and organisational performance, by effectively planning for, measuring, evaluating and sustainably growing the impact of their work.
We specialise in strategy development, monitoring and evaluation and knowledge sharing/ dissemination. Our international specialist team are committed to supporting a global portfolio of clients to increase the positive impact of their activities upon the lives of people and communities around the world, whether they are non-profits, governmental or for-profit entities.
Our mission is to ensure that individuals, organisations, and communities are effectively empowered by sustainable and transformational solutions to resolve long-term and complex social issues. We support organisations in understanding the impact they hope to achieve and subsequently develop the right skills, capacities, and tools to move forwards. We ensure that solutions are ‘generated by’ and ‘actively participated in’ by all vested stakeholders and then implemented in the most efficient and effective ways, making full use of the latest advances, and understanding in both social and information technologies, along with their practical ‘in the field’ application.
To do this, we have a pool of highly skilled Staff & Associates based around the world, who are trained in our integrated service approach and are subject matter experts in sport for sustainable development and peace, children’s rights and child protection and women and girl’s rights, equality, and empowerment. We apply a combination of training, consultancy, and coaching solutions, designed to suit the varied contexts and challenges faced by our clients.
Position Description: inFocus Consulting is seeking to recruit a Junior Evaluation and Learning Consultant to support the delivery of inFocus training, evaluation and consultancy services and products with the inFocus team. inFocus is a small team and therefore the role is cross-cutting with additional responsibilities to support new business development processes, assist with training and administration tasks. The role would provide the opportunity to work with and build the capacities of interesting and inspiring NGOs in the UK and around the world, whilst learning a broad range of participatory consultancy and evaluation techniques. The position arises at a time of growth of the business and has been fixed for a twelve-month period (with anticipated extension to full time role), as it is anticipated that the nature of support required in delivering client projects and growing the business, will evolve over the period.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Supporting research and evaluation assignments: The Junior Evaluation & Learning Consultant will support various external research and evaluation projects. Thematic areas include (but are not limited to) sport for development and peace; gender equality; sexual reproductive health rights; child protection; disability; and digital interventions. Project support provided may include liaising with the project Associate Consultants, communicating and liaising with the client, undertaking technical aspects of research (such as literature reviews), evaluation delivery (including qualitative research, such as case studies, interviews and focus group discussions, and quantitative research, such as designing and implementing surveys), support the writing of reports / delivering presentations, and helping to ensure that the project is delivered on time and within budget.
Supporting the delivery of consultancy services to NGOs and social enterprises in the UK and globally. Consultancy services include supporting the running of strategy and theory of change workshops (both in-person and remotely), programme design and documentation, undertaking evaluation needs assessments and developing M&E frameworks. InFocus has a central bank of materials, resources and toolkits which will be drawn upon by the Junior Evaluation & Learning Consultant for consultancy assignments.
Supporting the delivery and administration of inFocus e-Learning and webinar training. inFocus runs online courses and training (both in-person and webinar based). The webinar courses have been formed into a rolling curriculum delivered in cycles across each calendar year. All training courses that the Junior Evaluation & Learning Consultant will support are already designed by inFocus. Administration tasks include the following:
- Setting up training events and workshops in Zoom or MS Teams.
- Providing support during the start of webinars (administration/ tech support/ backup/ Q&A) and post webinar follow ups
Other administrative tasks include:
- Proof reading documents
- Support in planning and making travel and accommodation bookings (internal and associates)
To undertake other duties, as required, by Line Manager.
- For example, helping to cover for others on annual leave.
The role will be based in the UK but may involve international travel.
Junior Staff Training Programme
The position will be supported by the Operations Manager and an ongoing programme of education, with dedicated time allocated to completing the inFocus IMM curriculum and associated webinars, in addition to other subject matter training, provided through a combination of shadowing more senior members of the team on assignments, and participating in regular staff training slots.
- Minimum one years’ experience in the international development or working with NGO/ charity/voluntary sector.
- Minimum of 1 years direct previous experience in the monitoring and/or evaluation of a social sector programme, either as a consultant, member of staff or as a volunteer.
- Qualitative and quantitative data collection/analysis skills.
- Batchelor’s degree (or higher) in fields related to relevant social sector areas, organisational learning, or M&E.
- Strong writing and editing skills – using plain English to write and edit reports and other documents.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Experience of project planning and working to targets.
- A self-motivator, with good organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to assume responsibility and work under own initiative, coping with a demanding workload and prioritising effectively.
- Flexibility to adapt to new situations that arise when working in a small, dynamic consultancy.
- Strong computer literacy skills particularly in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Direct previous experience in the monitoring and/or evaluation of a social sector programme, either as a consultant, member of staff, or as a volunteer.
- Master’s degree in fields related to relevant social sector areas, organisational learning, or M&E.
- Experience of using databases/websites/software for the purpose of internal monitoring within an organisation.
- Knowledge and understanding of one of our thematic areas e.g. sport for development and peace.
- Experience of working with local partner organisations in the global south and overseas/field experience.
- Arabic, French, Portuguese, Spanish or other language skills.
The position would be full-time (40 hours per week). We work flexibly but normal working hours fall between Monday- Friday, 8am and 6pm. There may be need upon occasion to schedule international time zone calls, which fall out-with of these normal hours.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for the role is £22,000 per year. A company pension scheme is also in place, within which you will be auto-enrolled.
Application Timelines & Interviews
- Application for role Deadline is Friday,14 January 2022 @ 17:00 GMT
- Interviews (remote) will take place on Thursday, 20 January
How to apply
Please send your CV/ Resume and a Cover Letter that outlines how you meet the Personal Specification and the value you believe you can bring to inFocus Consulting Ltd to email@example.com by Friday, 14 January 2022 @ 17:00 GMT.
To apply directly please visit our webiste.