IPC: Games Delivery Senior Manager
IPC: Games Delivery Senior Manager
The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is looking for a full-time Games Delivery Senior Manager (f/m/x) to join their team at the IPC Headquarters in Bonn, Germany. Deadline: 31 August, 2022.
About the IPC
At the IPC, we work as one team, aligned and focused on fulfilling our vision and mission.
The IPC’s vision is for an inclusive world through Para sport. We believe that Change Starts With Sport, and that the work of the Paralympic Movement is a catalyst for driving social inclusion and advancing the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
The IPC seeks to use the influential global position of the Paralympic Movement and the growing profile of Para athletes to challenge the stigma attached to disability and empower social transformation.
The IPC is the global governing body of the Paralympic Movement. We oversee the delivery of the Paralympic Games and Paralympic Winter Games and serve as International Federation for six Para sports. We enjoy a positive working relationship with the IPC Governing Board, members of which are democratically elected every four years by the IPC General Assembly.
The IPC is a purpose-driven non-profit association. Our mission is to lead the Paralympic Movement, oversee the delivery of the Paralympic Games and support members to enable Para athletes to achieve sporting excellence. Since 1989, we have been creating change through sport with the Paralympic Games and Paralympic athletes at our core.
The Games Delivery Senior Manager is accountable to the Chief Paralympic Games Delivery Officer and will work within a dynamic and growing department. The role is responsible for ensuring the successful planning and delivery of specific Paralympic Games edition(s).
- Support all aspects of Games delivery by acting as a key liaison between the IPC and the Organising Committee of specific Olympic and Paralympic Games editions, its delivery partners, and the International Olympic Committee (IOC)
- Foster collaborative relationships with the relevant executives and staff within the IPC, the Organising Committees, the IOC, and other delivery partners, to ensure smooth integration throughout the Games lifecycle
- Manage and maintain oversight of Games-wide planning across all IPC functional areas and stakeholder owners, while continuously monitoring for and anticipating opportunities, risks, and issues
- Support the Games Management Team in developing a holistic view of the project and priorities, propose solutions to current problems and forecast future challenges, participate in decision-making, and escalate issues to the appropriate levels as necessary
- Lead and motivate other team members to ensure the IPC team is prepared and empowered to perform at their best
- Proactively reflect on and propose ideas to improve the effectiveness of systems and processes; participate in discussions with senior management on innovations that improve outcomes for the IPC and Paralympic Games
- Establish objectives and prepare for, deliver, participate in, and follow-up on regularly planned meetings (i.e. Delivery Partner Meetings) and ad-hoc meetings concerning the delivery of the Games
- Lead on delivery of integrated Games-time operations, including the management of the Games Delivery Office during the Paralympic Games
- Manage selected functional areas by developing strategies, tracking key deliverables, and working with Organising Committees, the IOC, and other delivery partners on detailed planning as required
- Collaborate with Organising Committees and IPC functional areas to define learning needs and develop bespoke solutions targeted to the requirements of each Games edition
- Share the IPC’s vision, mission and values. A deep passion to work within the Paralympic Movement
- At least 5-7 years of professional experience in the area of project management and/or sport management
- Experience in the planning and delivery of an Olympic and Paralympic Games or another mega event
- High attention to detail while maintaining a holistic view of the project and cross-functional impacts
- Able to respectfully collaborate with and motivate others in an international, multi-cultural environment
- Experience leading and developing teams
- Able to adapt and maintain a positive, solution-oriented attitude to adjusting plans and processes in complex and evolving situations
- Proven ability to take initiative when problems arise, propose solutions, support decision-making processes, and successfully navigate change
- Excellent verbal and written command of the English language
- Ability to present complex information to varied audiences, both verbally and written, in an inclusive and understandable way
- Flexibility in working hours and ability to travel regularly
- Confident, professional, and calm when under pressure and during the long working days in the lead-up and during the Paralympic Games
- Advanced proficiency in using Microsoft office tools
- Knowledge and experience in areas related to Games operations and services
- Proficiency in other languages such as French and Italian considered an asset
- Experience with project management software such as Smartsheet is considered an asset
If you are interested and provide a good match with our requirements, please send your CV and cover letter in English and in pdf to ParalympicGamesJobs@paralympic.org.
For this position, we will review applications and interview candidates on a rolling basis, with a final deadline of 31 August 2022.
The IPC is an equal opportunity employer, and we especially encourage individuals with a disability and members of minority groups to apply; we support the relocation process and provide transitional accessible accommodation. For further information on the IPC, please contact us or visit our website under www.paralympic.org.