Research and Analysis Manager at Sported
Research and Analysis Manager at Sported
Sported is a free membership organisation that supports community sport clubs and groups across the UK that deliver sport for development. These groups are using the power of sport to tackle the root causes of some of society’s biggest problems - crime, anti-social behaviour and obesity, to name but a few. More than that, they are giving disadvantaged young people the opportunities, confidence and support to overcome their personal hurdles and succeed in life.
- Liaison with key external stakeholders – Provide expert input to key stakeholder groups based on insight of best practice amongst Sported members and more broadly across the sector
- KPI Reporting - Regular production of key reports across Sported’s work, for use internally, with trustees and with potential funders and external partners
- Impact Report – Work alongside Evidence and Learning Manager on the development of Sported’s first Impact Report in 2017, shaping format, focus areas and usage based on input from others
- Member service feedback – Ensure all new data is systematically captured from members, regularly analysed and key stats updated to ensure understandable and impactful reporting is made available to key stakeholder groups
- Data Management - Review how our current information is held and ensure we are compliant with data protection laws and Sported team understand their responsibilities relating to any data held
OTHER SUPPORTING RESPONSIBILITES
- Gather market intelligence using a broad spectrum of sources to help steer Sported’s strategic decision making and setting priorities
- Deliver compelling analysis and insight supported by accurate data to strengthen the business case for Sport for Development, and aid in the securing of funding and development of new member services for Sported
- Provide intelligence to Regional/ Country Managers to support the strategic development within their region
- Support all new funded projects with set up plans relating to Evidence & Learning
- Design and deliver high quality written reports and infographics and executive summaries, including (but not limited to) regular reports for the Trustees, , and organisational performance
- Promote and present reports and analysis internally and within the Sport for Development sector across all our platforms
- Support the creation of donor and partner reports, with relevant accurate and powerful information and analysis and provide the final check for quality and relevance
- Regular quality checking and assurance of routinely collected data to ensure the integrity of the Sported database
- Manage periodic data cleansing
Monitoring, evaluation and impact
- Maintenance and development of surveys gathering member data
- Support with developing and implementing organisational monitoring and evaluation frameworks linking to all areas of the organisation and our services (including volunteer support, third party grants, training and events)
- Work alongside the Evidence and Learning Manager and Fundraising team on the development of funding proposals related to impact
- Advise the Sported team and Sported members on data collection and help develop resources to support the monitoring and evaluation of their work
- Develop and manage the Sported ‘Library’ - a set of key documents outlining key issues, target audiences, results and impact of Sported’s work
- Use programme data to support the creation of external communications, in the form of blogs, white papers and presentations to key stakeholder groups
- Build capacity within the Sported team to be able to identify, analyse and create key documents, infographics as required
Part 1: Knowledge and Experience
- University degree or equivalent experience in programming and data analysis
- Familiarity with key related software (including data analysis software & Illustrator)
- Experience of a telephone based client facing role.
- Can demonstrate an ability to quickly learn new processes and systems
- Demonstrate understanding of monitoring and evaluation principles
- At least 2 years working in monitoring and evaluation role including design, implementation and analysis of monitoring, evaluation and research.
- Experience of the development of surveys, particularly the use of online survey platforms such as Survey Monkey or Lime Survey)
- Excellent research skills including qualitative and quantitative
- Experience of using data in support of fundraising and communications activity
- Experience working in a multi organisational context with partners, stakeholders and Membership
- Experience in Social Sciences
- An understanding of the needs of groups and organisations offering community sport to disadvantaged young people.
Part 2: Skills and Attributes
- Able to use data to develop compelling written and graphic Reports and briefings
- Able to communicate to all levels and to work as part of a team
- Able to work without direct supervision and therefore be able to manage and prioritise own workload
- Strong verbal communication skills – the ability to build rapport with our Members over the telephone and via email.
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality of output
- Commitment to the aims of the organisation.
Part 3: Personal Circumstances:
Willing to travel occasionally to regional and national meetings, sometimes out of office hours.