Social Media Assistant
Social Media Assistant
Mission 89 is seeking a Social Media Assistant to work closely with a Digital Media Strategist to execute our digital strategy to educate and raise awareness of the child trafficking in sport phenomenon in Africa.
The candidate will be responsible for supporting and implementing high quality social content across digital platforms to enhance Mission 89’s global presence as a leader on all sport integrity issues relating to trafficking.
The successful candidate will work to expand Mission 89’s digital presence across Africa and globally and will place a high value on the curation and organisation of digital media to educate youth and select communities on Child Rights and its intersections with Sport, Migration & Human Trafficking.
Essential duties & responsibilities
- Create engaging content for Mission 89 digital media presence
- Keep digital media channels updated and brand-focused
- Use timelines and scheduled content to create consistent stream of new content for audience interaction while analysing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimise visits
- Identify opportunities to engage in relevant social conversations and build relationships with the audience
- Respond to digital media inquiries and comments as guided by Digital Media Lead
- Manage and maintain digital media calendar
- Seek out new digital media avenues and ways of connecting with audiences
- Propose new ideas and concepts for digital media content
- Photo editing/creation of digital assets (e.g. pictograms)
- Monitor child trafficking in sports news in regional and international media
- Perform other related responsibilities as assigned
Key skills required for the role
- Integrity, a must
- Enthusiastic, detail-oriented, possess collaboration skills, a must
- Working knowledge of social media platforms, a must
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills, a must
- Strong communications skills, necessary
- Degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field, necessary
- Minimum of 1 year experience managing multiple communications and social media platforms, including Facebook and Twitter, important
- Strong understanding of social media analytics, desired
- This is a part-time unpaid internship position
- Available to work up to 20 hours per week / flexible schedule (according to workload)
Please send your CV and motivation letter to Lerina Bright at email@example.com.