23 Mar 2023
This section provides an overview of the related areas between sport and health. An introduction to the role of sport in enhancing physical and mental well-being is provided.
A number of key themes related to sport and health are then explored in more detail:
- The health benefits of sport and physical activity
- Sport, physical activity and risk factors for major diseases
- Tackling HIV/AIDS and other communicable diseases through sport
- Practical implications for sport for HIV prevention programmes
- Sport and public health campaigns.
Each sub-section contains a list of recommended reading for those who wish to delve deeper into the topic and these publications are available to download.
A downloadable bibliography of recommended readings and further resources is also included of sources that are not available online but may be accessed through your local library.