Research and analysis
Research and analysis
A list of academic resources and publications related to sport and development policy.
This page includes a non-exhaustive list of academic resources exploring aspects of sport and development policy. Included are selected works of a research group from Loughborough University, and from researchers Marion Keim and Iain Lindsey, as well as other relevant publications.
- Auweele, Y.V.; Cook, E. and Parry, J. (2011). Ethics and Governance in Sport: The Future of Sport Reimagined, Harlow: Prentice Hall/Pearson.
- Brady, A. (2016). Safeguarding, child protection and abuse in sport: international perspectives in research, policy and practice, International Journal of Sport Policy and Politics. 8.2
- Collison, H. and Armstrong, G. (2011) Design for Living? Sporting Policy and the United Nations. Gower. Chapter 11
- Coalter, F. (2017). Sport and Social Inclusion: Evidence-Based Policy and Practice. Social Inclusion, 5.2, pp. 141–149
- Garcia, B. (2009). Sport governance after the White Paper: the demise of the European model?. International Journal of Sport Policy
- Giulianotti, R.; Darnell, S.; Collison, H.; Howe, P.D (2018) Sport for Development and Peace and the Environment: The Case for Policy, Practice, and Research. Sustainability, 10.7
- Giulianotti, R. (2011). The sport, development and peace sector: a model of four social policy domains. Journal of Social Policy, 40.4, pp. 757-776
- Green, M. (2004) Changing policy priorities for sport in England: the emergence of elite sport development as a key policy concern, Leisure Studies, 23.4, pp. 365-385
- Hallman, K. and Petry, K. (2013) Comparative Sport Development: Systems, Participation and Public Policy
- Henry, I.; Amara, M.; Aquilina, D.; Argent, E.; Betzer-Tayar, M.; Coalter, F. and Taylor, J. (2005). The Roles of Sport and Education in the Social Inclusion of Asylum Seekers and Refugees: An Evaluation of Policy and Practice in the UK. Institute of Sport and Leisure Policy
- Houlihan, B. and Lindsey, I. (2013) Sport Policy in Britain. Abingdon: Routledge
- Geeraert, A.; Alm, J. and Groll, M. (2013). Good governance in international sport organizations: An analysis of the 35 Olympic sport governing bodies. International Journal of Sport Policy and Politics. 6.3. pp. 281-306.
- Keim, M. and de Coning, C. (2014) Sport and Development Policy in Africa: Results of Selected Country Cases. Sun Press and University of Western Cape
- Keim, M. (2003) Nation Building at Play: Sport as a Tool for Social Integration in Post-Apartheid South Africa. Sport, Culture and Society, Vol. 4, Meyer and Meyer Sport Ltd.
- Kidd, B. (2013). Canada and Sport for Development and Peace. Chapter III. University of Ottawa Press. pp. 69-94
- Lindsey, I. (2006) Local Partnerships in the United Kingdom for the New Opportunities for PE and Sport Programme: A Policy Network Analysis. European Sport Management Quarterly, 6.2, pp. 167-184
- Lindsey, I. and Bacon, D. (2015). In pursuit of evidence-based policy and practice: A realist synthesis-inspired examination of youth sport and physical activity initiatives in England. International Journal of Sport Policy and Politics, 8.1, pp. 67-90.
- Lindsey, I. and Jeanes, R. (2011) Youth Sport Policy. K. Armour (ed.) Introduction to Sport Pedagogy for Teachers and Coaches.
- Lindsey, I., Jeanes, R. and Lihaya, H. (2016). Sport Development Policy. In Sherry, E., Schulenkorf, N. and Phillips, P. (eds.) Managing Sport Development: An international approach. Abingdon, Oxon: Routledge. pp. 45-60.
- Lindsey, I.; Kay, T.; Jeanes, R. and Banda, D. (2017). Sport for development in policy, practice and research
- Schulenkorf, N.; Sherry E. and Rowe, K. (2016) Sport for Development: An Integrated Literature Review. Journal of Sport Management, 30, pp. 22 -39
- Shilbury, D.; Kalliopi Popi, S. and Christine Green, B. (2008) Sport Development. Systems, Policies and Pathways: An Introduction to the Special Issue, Sport Management Review 11.3, pp. 217-223.