The Future of Careers in Sport and Physical Activity
- Wednesday, 8 February 2023, 06:00PM - 07:00PM
- Ulster University, School of Sport, Belfast Campus, BC-LG-304
The COVID-19 pandemic has altered the way in which many of us go about our lives. The pandemic shaped our current work practices, impacted our physical activity and placed many sport and leisure organisations in operational and financial peril.
At Ulster University’s School of Sport, we have long created and disseminated knowledge around the sport and physical activity industries and in doing so prepared many graduates for exciting career opportunities. But how will we prepare ourselves and our students and partners for this changed reality?
On 8 February 2023, we invite you to our renewed Belfast campus to hear from our visiting professors from Irish and British sport, who as part of a panel discussion will reflect on their experiences during the pandemic to explore the future of careers in sport and physical activity.
- Patrick Nelson, CEO, Irish FA
- Larry McCarthy, President, GAA
- Professor Catherine Woods, Chair in Physical Activity and Health, University of Limerick
- Professor James Skinner, Director of the Institute for Sport Business, Loughborough University
The session will be emceed by BBC Sport Editor Mr Neil Brittain.