Gender and sexual identity in girls’ sports
Girls in the Lead warmly welcomes you to a second part of our webinar series Gender and Sexual Identity in Girls’ Sports on 28 January at 13-15h (Central European Time UTC+1)!
Our first webinar, Trans and Queer Themes in Girls and Youth Sports Clubs, was hosted on 10 December 2020 and gathered many inspiring practitioners working to build more inclusive sports communities. The webinar included 36 sport for development practitioners (18 from Europe, 11 from India, 4 from Africa, one from MENA, 3 from North America) – and discovered a need for deeper discussion and collaboration.
The aim of our second webinar is to discuss key themes that emerged in the first webinar in more detail, and provide a space for an international exchange and learning for practitioners in sport for development.
The following topics will be discussed in the webinar:
- Bridging Girls and Trans Sport Programs
- Working with Sport Federations
- Learnings and Practices in India
- Connections to University Sport Associations and Research
- Examples of Advocacy and Policy on Trans and Queer Youth
- Pia Mann, Director of Discover Football. Pia is specialized in social work with a focus on trans and educational work of LGBTIQ refugees
Itong Ehrke, project manager at Seitenwechsel for 20 years. Seitenwechsel was founded in 1988 in Germany as a sports club for women, and is now the largest sports club for women and girls, trans, intersex and non-binary community in Europe
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact [email protected].
We are looking forward to seeing you 28 January!
Register here by 25 January.
Find out more about the event here.