Ophea Healthy Schools Conference 2014
Join us at the Ophea Healthy Schools Conference, an invaluable professional learning experience that will present essential information and new insights on ways to support the healthy active living of children and youth.
Delegates include elementary (generalists and specialists) and secondary teachers, administrators, health and physical education consultants, public health professionals, community leaders and others interested in the health of children and youth.
Thursday, 16 October
- Play with Ophea; interactive, hands on sessions to provide practical physical activity ideas to use with students right away
- Capacity building seminar sessions on Assessment & Evaluation, and Technology featuring practical strategies, expert panel discussion, peer-to-peer sharing, and facilitated question period
- Volunteer Exhibition-Wine & Cheese; All delegates are invited to learn about Ophea’s volunteers, meet other like-minded leaders in the field, and explore potential volunteer opportunities that support healthy active living
Friday, 17 October
- Workshop Sessions & Networking Events that include:
- Fun and interactive workshops that provide hands-on, practical experience
- Up-to-date information and strategies to address key healthy schools topics
- Innovative approaches to teach, assess and evaluate health and physical education
- Creative ways to develop and maintain health-related fitness
- Exhibitor Marketplace with the latest programs, equipment and resources
- Networking opportunities with professionals and colleagues who share the same passion and commitment
Register to participate on Thursday, Friday or both conference dates here. Student rates available.