Sport for Gender Equality
It offers valuable insights into the critical role of sports in promoting gender equality and fostering inclusivity. Participants will gain comprehensive knowledge and a profound understanding of what it means to apply a gendered perspective in sports, the impact of gender stereotypes on behavior, and the transformative potential of sports in challenging these stereotypes. The course will further explore the vast topic of masculinity and its role in promoting gender equality, with focused discussions on how sports can actively contribute to the deconstruction of harmful masculinities. Additionally, participants will engage in an in-depth discussion on Safeguarding principles and the significance of adopting a Do-No-Harm approach within the sport context.
The course is crafted with an interactive approach, featuring practical exercises and breakout sessions. Active participation in group discussions and exercises is a requirement for a fulfilling learning experience.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the role of sports in promoting gender equality.
- Acquire knowledge on the application of a gendered perspective in sport by critically analyzing and assessing gender biases and stereotypes prevalent within society and specifically in sports environments.
- Evaluate the impact of gender stereotypes on behavior and recognize the importance of challenging these stereotypes to promote gender equality through sport.
- Understand the importance of the topic of masculinity and its complexities and significance in promoting gender equality, while identifying ways in which sport can actively contribute to breaking-down harmful masculinity norms.
- Gain insights into principles of Safeguarding and the Do-No-Harm approach and acquire essential tools to create safe and supportive sports environments, ensuring the well-being of all individuals involved.
Course Leader: Isabel Müller