Webinar on sport and refugees
How can sport be best used to protect and ensure the rights of refugees? What are sport’s limitations and what risks do we need to avoid? What is the future of the movement around sport and refugees?
A sportanddev and UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, webinar on 21 September, International Day of Peace, will see panellists answer these questions and more. The event aims to raise awareness of sport’s role in the protection and development of young people affected by conflict and displacement. The speakers will share practical examples from their experience, to encourage debate and future collaboration. There will also be significant time for the audience to ask questions to the panellists so please come prepared.
Register here to attend the webinar
- Annika Sandlund, Head of the Partnership and Coordination Service, UNHCR
- Jadranka Stikovac Clark, Senior Advisor and Director of Institute, Generations for Peace, Jordan
- Sunday Ikoko ir, Footballer, Denja FC, Kakuma Divas League, Kenya
- Professor Ramón Spaaij, Victoria University and University of Amsterdam
- Sylvia Poll, Peace and Sport Champion for Peace and Head of the Digital Society Division – Digital Networks and Society Department, International Telecommunications Union
The webinar takes place during sportanddev’s Week of Action on Sport and Refugees, which is delivered as a part of a partnership with UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency.
With special thanks to Eli Wolff from the Power of Sport Lab for helping to organise the webinar.
Register here to attend the webinar. A Zoom link will be sent to registered participants one day before the webinar.