Webinar: Sports that African Women Want
Join AUSC for a webinar on the experiences and challenges women and girls face in sports and beyond, possible solutions, and advice for young African female athletes and sportswomen.
- When: 29 Jun 2022 13:00 – 14:30 (West Central Africa)
- Interpretation in English and French
The webinar will be a personal dialogue with eminent African female sports personalities on experiences and challenges women and girls face in sports and beyond, possible solutions, and advice for young African female athletes and sports leaders.
The webinar will also discuss opportunities and best practices that sports and sport for development programmes are offering to promote the “Sports that African Women Want.”
- Dr. Lombe Mwambwa, Executive Director NOWSPAR
- Mrs. Mariama Cisse Mohamed: African Union Commission Director, Social Development, Culture and Sports
- Mr. Thomas Levin: Project Manager GIZ “Sport for Development in Africa” (S4DA) Regional Project
- Ms. Rosa Rakotozafy: Director General of Sports, Republic of Madagascar and Chairperson of the Intergovernmental Committee for Physical Education and Sports (CIGEPS)
- Amb. Dr. Tegla Chepkite Loroupe: Kenyan long-distance track and road runner and global spokeswoman for peace, women’s rights and education and President of the Tegla Loroupe Foundation
- Ms. Loubna Belabbes: President of the Women Basketball Commission at the Royal Moroccan Basketball Federation (FRMBB)
- Ms. Maureen Rosita Ojong Ebob-Besong: Sports and Development Specialist based in Senegal – Founder NÉEO-RI Sport Consultancy
- Dr. Decius Chipande: AU Sport Council Coordinator.
Register for the webinar in advance. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
29 Jun 2022
All day, CEST