Webinar: Upping the game - how can sport better respond to forced displacement?
1 December 2022: 13:00-14:30 Central European Time
sportanddev and the Sport for Refugees coalition (SfRC) are hosting an interactive webinar to identify key actions and changes to strengthen sport’s response to forced displacement.
- Amjad Saleem, IFRC
- Marisa Schlenker, sportanddev
- Perveen Ali, UNHCR
- Justin Kwizerimana Rwamakuba, Refugee, Leader and Coach
- Rodrigo Abarzúa, Futbol Mas
- Katrin Grafarend, German Olympic Committee
- Nick Keller, Beyond Sport
This webinar provides you with an opportunity to input directly as we address the following questions:
- What role can the different parts of the sport ecosystem play in refugee situations?
- What is the one fix actors using sport to respond to forced displacement should implement to maximise impact of their work?
The webinar builds on the call for articles launched by sportanddev and the SfRC and forms part of the 2022 Week of Action from 28 November – 2 December on this topic.
The agenda that comes out of the webinar will be taken forward by the Sport for Refugees Coalition and stakeholders and will influence development of pledges for the 2023 Global Refugee Forum.