ChildFund Sport for Development - Training and Curriculum Coordinator
- Department: Sport for Development Team
- Location: TBC – working rights must be in place for nominated location with South East Asia preferred
- Employment: Full-Time Consultant to June 30, 2023 with possibility of extension
- Reports to: Sport for Development Global Programs and Partnerships Manager
- Other Information: Regular travel required
ChildFund Sport for Development partners to provide children and young people with opportunities to play, learn, and lead.
Through integrated sport and life skills learning, young people from vulnerable communities develop critical social and emotional skills which help them achieve personal goals, build empathy, manage emotions, develop positive relationships, and make responsible decisions. This makes them better equipped to overcome challenges, inspire positive social change, and take active leadership roles within their communities.
All partnerships contribute to building an equitable and inclusive future, where children are safe from violence — reflecting targets within the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The ChildFund Sport for Development Team also works with sports partners around the globe to ensure that the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults in sport is a priority.
ChildFund Sport for Development is led by ChildFund Australia, an independent international development organisation that works to reduce poverty for children in developing communities and a member of the ChildFund Alliance - a global network of 12 organisations which assists almost 23 million children and their families in 70 countries.
As Training and Curriculum Coordinator – Sport for Development (S4D), you will provide close support to the Global Programs and Partnerships Manager to organise, develop and write training curricula and resources supporting a range of Sport for Development initiatives and partnerships. This includes ensuring that the presentation of curricula and training resources are consistent and engaging.
- Provide direct support to the Global Programs and Partnerships Manager in the development and deployment of training and education resources including Sport for Development curricula, sport and life skills Coach training, partner capacity and capability strengthening and targeted capability strengthening of individuals and groups
- Write and deliver play-based training packages for young people, Coaches, partners and staff in line with agreed learning outcomes and approaches
- Lead the organisation and delivery of training experiences
- Develop and iterate training guides
- Maintain up to date training resources across multiple languages
- Ensure quality delivery of training packages and provide oversight of Training of Trainer processes
- Assess the quality of training outcomes
- Build the S4D Team and partners’ capabilities to deliver high quality training experiences
- Build a network of Trainers internally and externally
- Ensure ChildFund programmatic commitments and compliance requirements are met across all training
- Ensure the clear integration of quality sports learning across all Sport for Development curricula in-line with relevant National or International Federation standards