Communications & Social Media Manager: Yunus Sports Hub
Yunus Sports Hub (YSH) is the global social business network creating local solutions in and through sport. As the sport arm of 2006 Peace Nobel Laureate Prof Yunus, our role is to:
● promote the concept of social business in the sport sector,
● help all sport-related organizations to implement social business programs
● equip & support a community of sport social business entrepreneurs
Among our many solutions, we focus on the empowerment of the next generation of empathetic leaders, through the design, development and delivery of youth-centric leadership and social business programmes.
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) in collaboration with their Worldwide Olympic Partner Panasonic has designed the IOC Young Leaders Programme, a youth leadership and social change through sport programme designed to empower young talents to leverage the power of sport to make a positive difference in their communities.
As the delivery partner of the IOC Young Leaders Programme, the YSH team supports the IOC to deliver the programme under the turn-key model, by putting the expertise of its team at the service of the programme.
YSH is looking for a Communications & Social Media Manager, to take the lead on creating, revising, implementing and overseeing the Communications & Social Media related activities as well as supporting the programme management around events and engagements.
The selected manager will perform the responsibility of:
● IOC YL Programme Communications Manager, as part of the YSH team
● IOC YL Programme Management Assistant, as part of the YSH team
The Communications & Social Media Manager (or “CSM”) will be responsible, for the following sections of the IOC Young Leaders Programme scope and will specifically be in charge of the following activities:
1. IOC YL Programme Communications Manager
● Yearly Strategic Review, jointly with the IOC Young Leaders Programme Lead
- Define strategic communications goals that align with the IOC programme and communication objectives
- Proactively and autonomously lead and implement the agreed communications strategy
- Build a relevant and consistent content plan including campaigns and activation ideas
- Evaluate and adjust the Communication strategy
● Social Media management
- Proactively and autonomosly manage the IOC Young Leaders programme’s social media handles in line with agreed communications strategy
- Create captions and graphic material in line with the content plan
- Approve these captions and material with the IYL Programme Lead and IOC Senior Programme Manager
- Social media watch: repost, engage, comment, like, etc. from Monday to Friday 9am-6pm CET
- Reporting and tracking for quarterly social media performance reviews
- Comms support and content creation for other engagements/ events where either the IYL programme is present/ represented or a group of IOC Young Leaders are presenting/ engaged
- Social media & communications support for the 4 week Learning Sprint
- Comms support and content creation before, during and after the IOC Youth Summit
● Social Media and Communications mentorship
- Mentor and coach the IOC Young Leaders to become social media content creators, thus multiplying the social media capabilities and reach of the programme
- Map the needs, plan and coordinate the creation of content by the IYLs to be shared across the programme platforms
- Review and post the content created by the IYLs
- Coach IYL on their event speaking engagements
- Be the contact point for IYLs for social media-related questions
- Coach IYL on their own project and social business communications and marketing efforts
● IYL Programme Branding & Communications supervisor
- Act as contact point for all branding and communications matters on behalf of the IOC Young Leaders programme
- Support with the IYL programme website updates such as around IYL profiles, links, social media platforms
- When necessary, providing images and graphics for the IYL programme website
- Leading the IYL editorial team to design and deliver the IYL programme newsletter
- With the support of the IYL Programme Lead, monitor the usage of the IOC YL programme logos in relation to the IYL project’s and their communications and marketing efforts
- Coach and mentor the IYLs on the appropriate usage of the IYL programme logo and design
- Approve different graphic materials submitted by the IYLs according to the brand guidelines.
● Events and Engagements Support
- Events and engagements yearly strategic review which entails defining goals that align with the IOC objectives, building a content plan including campaigns and activation ideas and evaluating and adjusting the Communication strategy"
- Map out events, engagements and speaking opportunities for YLs
- Develop speaker briefing, prep and support speaker before, on the day of, and post-event for IYLs invited to speaking engagements for online and in-person events (with the support of the YSH programme manager)
- Concept design, coordination, and support on the day of and post online and in-person IOC-organized online events
- Maintain and monitor the events/ engagement database for the YLs who participate on behalf of the IYL programme, tracking the types of events, reach, highlights, challenges
- Keep track of and assess the IYL local engagement application process and provide the follow up to successful proposals
● Communications reporting
- Create quarterly communications reports, highlighting relevant data, analyzing and interpreting it.
- Create yearly communications reports.
- Create ad hoc report for specific campaigns, events or other relevant circumstances
- Maintain the IYL communications/ social media platform database to understand how well the IYLs are doing with their own communication efforts
2. IOC YL Programme Management Assistant
● Program management support
- Support the YSH Programme Manager with project management-related tasks
- Manage the IYL Slack community, responding to any questions or concerns with the communications platforms
- Assist the YSH Programme Manager in different internal and external selection processes related to IYLs and their representation of the IYL programme
- Assist the Programme Manager during live sessions and specific events and meetings.
- Participate in check-in calls with the IYLs, paying special attention to their communications and marketing updates, and providing feedback.
● At least 5 years experience in a communications / social media/marketing role
● At least 2-3 years experience as a social media manager
● Strong awareness of the latest trends and tools for social media management
● Must be a clear and confident communicator
● A strong level of experience creating engaging digital content for social media channels
● An understanding on how to create engaging content for a youth audience interested in sport for development
● Excellent command of English with French being an asset
● Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, including an ability to present concepts verbally and visually
● Strong project management and time management skills
● Knowledge of and strong interest in the Olympic movement
● Knowledge of sport for development, sport and social business
● Capable of working well as part of a team as well as independently
● Effective multitasker and capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects with different deadlines
The Communications & Social Media Manager will:
● Be working full-time with YSH
● Work remotely (according to CET time)
● Report to the YSH Programme Manager
● Work closely with the IOC Senior Programme Manager
● Work with the IOC Young Leaders to support them on the development of their sport-based social projects
● Remote working (CET working hours)
● Full-time position
● 25 days annual leave + French public holidays
● Package based on experience
● Annual team reunion in an international location
● Start Date: ASAP The position will remain open until filled.
Candidates must be available to undertake online interviews on the 10th and 13th November.
TO APPLY, PLEASE FILL OUT THIS FORM.