Grassroot Soccer: Digital Communications Senior Coordinator/Manager
Grassroot Soccer (GRS) is a rapidly growing adolescent health organization that leverages the power of soccer to equip young people with the life-saving information, services, and mentorship they need to live healthier lives. Since 2002, GRS programs have reached more than 18 million young people in over 60 countries with life-saving health information and services.
The Digital Communications Senior Coordinator/Manager plays a key role in driving GRS’s strategic communications and marketing objectives, with significant opportunity for professional growth. This role drives a range of communications activities, including in-house graphic design, content creation, website management, and digital outreach.
They provide marketing and communications support to fundraising, events, business development, thought leadership, and stakeholder engagement initiatives. They also serve as a key contact to GRS affiliate and partnership teams across sub-Saharan Africa to provide communications support and guidance, as well as ensure promotion of programming across GRS platforms. They will use their design eye and technical skills to seamlessly integrate programmatic insights, evidence, and stories of impact into compelling communications and marketing content for diverse audiences and ensure GRS communications and marketing complement the organization’s mission, go-to-market strategy, and five-year plan.
- Serve as primary in-house graphic designer for organization, providing design support across teams and managing print and digital projects including reports, presentations, briefs, social media assets, fundraising collateral, and more
- Maintain GRS website and manage GRS's email marketing systems, including analytics
- Contribute to the development and implementation of communications and marketing strategies in collaboration with team, including co-creation of social media strategy and leading on brand management
- Please see full job description for additional information and to apply
Specifications & competencies
- 2-6 years of experience in digital communications and marketing, ideally with a background or passion for working in adolescent health and empowerment and/or for an international nonprofit
- Graphic design skills (including working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Canva) and comfort producing smaller projects
- Experience with website management, social media marketing, and other digital communications platforms, and ability to quickly acquire new skills and learn new technologies
Please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Digital Communications Senior Coordinator/Manager” in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling deadline until the position is filled.