IOC: Manager Olympism 365
You will manage the contribution of multiple partnership and programme ‘portfolios’ to the delivery of the Olympism 365 strategy, designed to strengthen sports role as an enabler of the SDGs and promote the value of Olympism in society. You will contribute to strengthening the IOC’s partnerships with key Olympism 365 stakeholders across the Olympic movement, UN and multilateral system, and development sector to support collective impact and the delivery of the Olympism 365 strategy.
- Manage and coordinate the establishment, delivery and evaluation of multiple ‘portfolios’ of programmes and partnerships contributing to the delivery of the Olympism 365 strategy, developed to connect people to the Olympic Values every day, everywhere.
- Help ensure the outcomes delivered through Olympism 365 portfolios to contribute to the realisation of Recommendation 10 of Olympic Agenda 2020 + 5, which is to strengthen the role of sport as an important enabler of the Sustainable Development Goals.
Portfolio design and management
- Manage and support the effective and timely implementation, result orientation and robust monitoring and evaluation of Olympism 365 portfolios, projects and interventions.
- Coordinate the co-design, development and evaluation of Olympism 365 portfolios within the framework of Results Based Management and budgeting.
- Manage situational analysis and rapid assessments, partner and project appraisals, and grant and risk management functions for multiple Olympism 365 portfolios.
- Identify, evaluate and control the risks associated with O365 portfolios.
- Facilitate and manage the input of internal IOC stakeholders and external partners in Olympism O365 portfolios, technical resources and thought leadership products.
- Manage the secretariat for the Olympism 365 Internal Leadership Group.
- Support and help maintain a diverse range of global partnerships with stakeholders from across the Olympic movement, UN and multilateral system and development sector within and beyond the sporting ecosystem.
- Facilitate and promote a commitment to collaboration and collective action across the diverse range of Olympism 365 partners.
- Provide technical support to IOC departments on contributing to Olympism O365 and social development through sport to support alignment with the global IOC principles, agenda and strategy.
- Post Graduate degree or equivalent in public policy, development economics, public health, international development or related degree programme.
- 5+ years’ experience in social policy, international development and/or Sport for Development.
- Lived experience in developing country contexts is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of the Olympic movement and international sport.
- Good oral and written skills in French and English. Other languages desirable.
- High level IT skills with demonstrated experience utilising programme and project management tools and monitoring and evaluation systems
- Willingness to travel.
- Experience managing successful social development programmes, partnerships and funding.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and manage complex partnerships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Applied knowledge of social development methodologies and tools (Results Based Management, project management and monitoring, evaluation and learning approaches).
- Experience in grant, project and risk management across multiple countries and contexts.
- Expertise in one or multiple priority areas for Olympism 365 is desirable: safeguarding, gender equality, social inclusion, accessibility, public health, education and economic empowerment, and/or digital strategy.
- Good communication skills with an ability to distil and articulate complex issues for a range of audiences.
- High intercultural competence and ability to adapt to a dynamic and multicultural environment.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to think proactively and prioritize work.
Come and join an organisation where the spirit of inclusion, gender equality and diversity is embedded in its DNA and which focuses on what unites us – a passion for sport and its values. Work in a flexible and rewarding environment which offers competitive employee benefits and numerous incentives to live a sustainable, healthy and active life. By joining us, you become part of the Olympic Movement and help to build a better world through sport. You will have the opportunity to work with people of more than 60 nationalities.
- Apply here