ITTF Foundation: Fundraising and Marketing Manager
The International Table Tennis Foundation Federation (ITTF Foundation) is a global not-for-profit foundation, which uses table tennis as a tool for development, social change and peace by connecting people all over the world. We use the power of sport to implement or support local projects and empower communities to drive forward social change universally and inclusively.
We exist mainly to foster development through the sport, using table tennis to attract more people to play and then work with them to improve their daily life, but also to promote table tennis and its benefits to a broad range of people. It is an incredibly exciting time as we launch a new organisational strategy, and this role is an integral part of our future success. It is a new role, and there is an opportunity to help shape the role to ensure future success, create impact and widen our reach.
The ITTF Foundation is closely aligned and works collaboratively with the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF). The ITTF is responsible for the governance and development of the sport for the benefit of over 30 million competitive players, as well as representing the 227 Member Associations. The ITTF Foundation aims to promote and use table tennis for development and peace, where social responsibility and recreation are linked by the passion for table tennis.
Full-time for 2 years term with an option of permanent. The ITTF Foundation Fundraising and Marketing Manager is expected to commence on January 2023.
The ITTF Foundation Fundraising and Marketing Manager will report to the ITTF Foundation Director.
This is an exciting and varied role, with the opportunity to shape and develop it as it’s embedded within the Foundation, ensuring we maximise every possible opportunity.
We are looking for an experienced and creative Fundraising and Marketing Manager to create and drive forward both marketing and fundraising campaigns to increase engagement and substantially grow our profile, supporters and income.
The role will be crucial in integrating marketing and fundraising so that they complement each other and support the delivery of the strategy. It will involve working closely with all of the ITTF Foundation team, as well as the wider ITTF and World Table Tennis teams.
- Achieve marketing and fundraising KPIs as identified in the strategy and analyse performance to help guide future strategies and direction
- Develop, implement and evaluate our marketing and communications campaigns, including multi-channel campaigns/appeals to promote, engage and build strong reach and brand awareness. This could include the creation of relevant marketing materials to support campaigns
- Develop messages and content plans for key fundraising campaigns and partnerships for all channels (including email communications, web and social media) to drive both engagement with and income from donors
- First point of contact for all initial fundraising enquires
- Identify new fundraising opportunities from corporate organisations/individuals/digital from both warm and cold networks
- Alongside the Leadership team, create (and submit) compelling applications/proposals/asks to a range of potential funders, i.e., corporate’s/major donors
- Help maximise income potential from global table tennis events, focusing on pre-during and post-event activity
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with a variety of donors, including donor stewardship of a selection of corporate and individual donors
- Alongside the wider team, deliver agreed fundraising targets
- Database growth
- Attend events and activities worldwide, as and when required
- Work effectively with volunteers, giving support and guidance as required
- To carry out any other duties when required as requested by your line manager
- Keep colleagues informed of fundraising and marketing activities and provide updates and reports when necessary
Candidates for the position of ITTF Foundation Fundraising and Marketing Manager should demonstrate these essential experience:
- Experience in fundraising and/or marketing, ideally in the not-for-profit sector/sport for the development sector, with evidence of successful marketing and/or fundraising campaigns having delivered their KPIs
- Experience in engagement with supporters through a range of digital channels and platforms
- A skilled storyteller who can manage the Communications team
- Networking skills with a love and passion for communicating with all our stakeholders (internal and external)
- Results-driven and creative thinker
- Exceptional English writing and communication skills (additional languages are a plus)
- Self-motivated and proactive
All applications must be made online via ITTF.com. Candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis.
At ITTF Foundation we're committed to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, welcoming applicants from all walks of life. If you're interested in this role, but your previous experience doesn't align perfectly with the job specification, we encourage you to apply anyway or contact us to have a chat.
Please note that all applications must be made online via the above link. Applications submitted through other channels will be dismissed.