NADO/RADO realtions manager with the World Ant-Doping Agency
Application deadline: 15 August 2016 (09:00 EDT)
Core Job Function
Development and management of identified Regional Anti-Doping Organisations (RADOs) and National Anti-Doping Organisations (NADOs) and their respective Anti-Doping programmes.
Reporting to the Deputy Director General for the overall function and to the Deputy Director, NADO/RADO Relations for daily activities, you will plan, organise and manage regional and national Anti-Doping programmes and events for the Agency’s stakeholders and partners. As required by the Deputy Director General, you will contribute to other projects within the Department. As may be required by the Director General of the Agency, you may be called upon to contribute to other projects of the Agency or of other Departments of the Agency.
- Identify needs of the NADOs and RADOs and the individual RADO member countries and develop plans to address these needs.
- Coordinate the logistics related to each RADO Board meeting, including facilitating Board meetings.
- Provide assistance and support through the RADO offices to member countries in the development of their Anti-Doping programmes.
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders in each region and country, including governments, National Olympic Committees, National Anti-Doping Organisations, National Federations and International Federations.
- Work closely with WADA Regional Offices in aiding the Anti-Doping programmes in the regions.
- Assist in the development of strategic and operational plans for NADOs, RADOs and RADO member countries for implementation into their own programmes.
- Develop strategies on how to assist countries to become Compliant with the World Anti-Doping Code.
- Ensure RADO member countries are aware of their obligations under the World Anti-Doping Code and aid in developing plans which would help ensure Code Compliance.
- Monitor costs of NADO and RADO meetings to ensure they remain within the departmental budget.
- Assist member countries in the understanding and developing their Anti-Doping programmes, through presentations, training sessions, provision of materials, etc.…
- Inform and educate stakeholders on their responsibilities under the World Anti-Doping Code and UNESCO Convention.
- Engage in regular interaction with the RADO Offices to ensure they are functioning properly.
- Assist countries and RADOs in their application to the UNESCO Voluntary Fund.
- Under the direction of the Deputy Director NADO/RADO Relations, work with key partners such as continental associations, NADOs and Governments to support the development of Anti-Doping Organisations and programmes.
- Promote NADOs and the RADOs to all stakeholders, including International Federations, Major Event Organisations, Athletes, Media, etc.
- Assist/support other organisational activities to ensure that the Code and its Standards are being observed/respected by signatories to the Code.
Profile, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English.
- Ability to work within a team context and proven record of ability to do so.
- Ability to travel extensively and availability to do so.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and proven record of ability to work within an international context.
- Strong organisational skills and proven record of effective management of projects.
- Formal training and/or experience in international project management.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office applications.