Project Design and Innovation Intern
This might be an opportunity for you if you are a young graduate or student with career in social sciences, such as Monitoring & Evaluation, Project Management, Research, Policy making or related careers. This is a part time job for a period of 3 months.
Founded in 2008 in Chile, we have grown into an international Sport for Development organization with presence in 9 countries: Chile, Peru, Ecuador, Haiti, Paraguay, Mexico, France, Dominican Republic and Kenya. Every week about 11,500 children participate in our programme in challenging environments throughout Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and since 2017 also Africa. We´re a social and community-based programme using football, sport and play as a vehicle for social change. Our vision turns around 3 key words: inspiration, community and happiness. We have won several global awards as a testimony. For a visual summary of what we are about, check the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcXIEiTXF98&feature=youtu.be.
At the moment in Kenya we work in several communities of Nairobi, with a strong roots in Mathare and Kibera, where we started in 2017 with 400 children. We are currently reaching 1,200 children every week in Mathare and Kibera. Through a partnership with the United Nations we also work with refugee communities in Nairobi, Kakuma and Dadaab, which has expanded our reach further. Our vision is to create sustainability and scale up where we already are and convince partners around Kenya and beyond to include more communities in the Futbol Mas family. Bringing in your passion, creativity and skills, you will become part of the first Futbol Mas on-field team in Dadaab, working together as a team to reach the objectives, working with children and communities in Dadaab with the Futbol Mas methodology.
This internship is a great opportunity for you if;
- You are looking to learn about the Futbol Mas methodology through experience and training
- You are looking to get a hands-on and innovative experience with lots of room for personal input and discovery through working as a team with colleagues and the community to develop relevant, interesting, fun and inspiring capacity
- You want to build journeys for the key community stakeholders, such as teachers, youth and parents
- You are looking to learn how to Integrate the use of technology-based applications to enhance monitoring and capacity- building, with the support of specialized colleagues
- You are able to think out of the box and dream out loud, while building on the experiences and ideas of the rest of the team
- You are flexible and dynamic, not afraid to be in different environments and engage with people of diverse profiles
- You are open to learn and invest in yourself to be challenged each day of your internship with us. We are not a competitive football development programme and in this position there is no need to be “football” literate
Futbol Mas is a gender sensitive organization and also welcome women to motivate themselves to apply for this position as we strive to not only have a multifunctional team, but also a gender balanced team. If you are interested to be part of our team in these historic steps of Futbol Mas on the African continent, send us your CV, cover letter to [email protected].