Special Olympics: Coordinator, Unified Sports & Sport Grants (Entry Level)
The Coordinator, Unified Sports & Sport Grants has responsibility for coordinating the management of Unified Sports projects, resources & grants as well as supporting all sport grant operations and administrative support. Based on need, this position collaborates to ensure cross-functionality with Sport Development & Partnerships, Unified Sports, Young Athletes, Fitness, Coaching and Athlete Development in alignment with Regional Sports plans for Unified Champion Schools and Community Sport.
Special Olympics’ Unified Sports resources and programmatic work:
- Lead the tracking and analysis sport and social inclusion metrics for the development of Unified Sports globally and within SONA.
- Support the development of Unified Sports in identified priority sports in close collaboration with VP, Sport Development (or Manager Sport Development) and SONA staff.
- Provide support and coordination with development of Unified Sport educational materials.
- Support Competition Management in oversight of Unified Sport protocol implementation including POMI app education & rollout.
- Global development & roll out of Community Unified Sports programmatic work.
- Support regions in Unified Sports Train-the-Trainer education at regional & Program level.
- Provide data analysis and administrative tracking support for Unified Sports within the SONA coaches certification program.
- Support Unified League case study collection, analysis & regional rollout.
- Project Management of United Through Sport project.
- Provide administrative support to the Global Unified Sports Advisory Group.
- Support development of detailed project plans to monitor and track progress.
- Support oversight of annual operating budget of assigned projects.
Sport Grant & Project Management:
- In collaboration with Manager, Sport Grants & Projects support Unified Sports grant procedures through the SmartSimple process including: review of proposals, the selection process, review of grantee financial documents and program reports, monitoring metrics, and close out of grants.
- Track all the finances for grants, ensuring funds are spent and reported on in required timeframes.
- Generate reports to evaluate activity and available funds.
- Manage fiscal reports, accounts receivables and financial reporting deadlines.
- Support with Sport department invoices and expense reimbursements
- Support budget and planning processes including tracking departmental budget and spending while ensuring finance requirements are met and completed in a timely manner.
- Provide operational support for biannual Sport Rules meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sport or Recreation Management, Business or a related field or equivalent work experience directly related to duties and responsibilities specified.
- Experience working with Special Olympics Unified Sports® or similar inclusive sports programming is preferred.
- Experience in collaborative processes for planning and project implementation.
- Strong organizational skills and high level of attention to detail.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).