Swiss Academy for Development: Sport and Play Project and SDG Impact Measurement Trainee (SDG YP)
About the SDG Youth Programme
The SDG Youth Programme was designed by the Mercator Foundation Switzerland in collaboration with cinfo. It aims to offer students and aspiring professionals the opportunity to gain initial exposure and work experience with an NGO or social enterprise active in international cooperation (IC).
Selected candidates are given the opportunity to work on new topics and innovative projects for one year, both in Switzerland and in an office abroad (or with a partner organisation of the host organisation). During this time, the young professionals can explore their motivation to follow a career path that allows them to contribute to the SDGs. At the same time, they can transfer the knowledge and skills they have acquired to the Swiss labour market. The career development of the successful candidates is at the heart of the programme.
About the Swiss Academy for Development
The Swiss Academy for Development (SA4D) is a non-profit organisation founded in 1991. We use sport and play to transform the lives of disadvantaged young people, in Switzerland and internationally. Our projects contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) in key areas such as employment, health, education, environment and integration.
In Uganda, SA4D implements several projects, including the Moving Youth! project in Lira, together with our partner organisation Action for Child Social and Economic Transformation (ACSET).
The aim of this one-year paid traineeship with SA4D is to:
- Support SA4D's projects on the ground in Uganda and working with our local partners;
- Co-develop innovative education for sustainable development modules (environmental education) using sport and play-based methods;
- Help to improve the strategic alignment of all SA4D projects and related Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) efforts to the SDG framework.
Your tasks and responsibilities as Sport and Play Project and SDG Impact Measurement Trainee:
- Supporting the implementation and ongoing optimisation of the Moving Youth! project and other projects in Uganda, in collaboration with local partners. This includes various Project Cycle Management (PCM) tasks.
- Developing innovative environmental education modules to be used in projects in Uganda and possibly elsewhere. This would include the creation of new games and play-based approaches, incorporating lessons learned from on-site implementation into the environmental education manual currently being developed.
- Strengthening contributions to the SDGs (SDG 6, 13, and 15 – environment) and other related SDGs (2, 4, 5, 8, and 17) within the projects by better aligning the SA4D sport and play manuals with the SDG framework.
- Contributing to the improvement of the MEL framework and its alignment with the SDGs, in order to more effectively measure contributions to the SDGs.