Women Win: Digital Technology Coordinator
About Women Win
Founded in 2007, Women Win (WW) is a global multi-dimensional women’s fund guided by the vision of a future where every girl and woman* exercises their rights. With a global team based largely in the Netherlands, WW collaborates with diverse partners to increase the assets, access, voice, and agency of women and girls around the world. Our programmatic work is distributed across three “Brands” which all serve WW’s overall vision, but each with their own unique mission:
- GRLS: Advance the playing field that progresses gender equity in sport & through play
- Win-Win Strategies: Connect the power of business with the deep assets of women’s funds and organisations to economically empower women
- Advisory Services: Champion innovative funding strategies that channel resources to local human & gender rights activists, organisations & movements
WW’s work is also supported by:
- a world-class Finance and Operations team
- the ‘Learn’ team which drives learning, impact and knowledge management
- the ‘Influence’ team which focuses on resource mobilisation, thought leadership and communications coordination across the organisation
The Digital Coordinator is a core team member of the Learn team, which aims to foster an intentional way of working that
- Cultivates and amplifies learnings and knowledge
- Drives the collective growth of our organisation, our partners and the movements in which we work.
Women Win has gone through a rapid digital transformation in the past years. The Digital Coordinator will play an important role in Women Win’s efforts to be more intentional about everything digital (“digitentional”) – from internal operations, to digital security to external digital learning tools. We are looking for someone with passion for gender justice, who is able to see the opportunities and risks of digital and understand how they connect with our work.
The Digital Coordinator will serve a key role in helping us manage our internal digital tools, support our digital security practices and champion the opportunities that digital can bring for an organisation like ours – both internally in our organisation as well as externally in the work that we do with our partners. Notably, they will play a core role on our Salesforce team – serving as a product owner, business analyst, and sometimes Administrator, wrapped into one.
This role requires flexibility and proven ability to take initiative, communicate effectively and get things done as it spans across multiple Brands and teams. The Digital Coordinator reports to the Learn Director, and works extensively with all other Women Win teams.
Salesforce support (40%)
- Support business decisions by serving as a liaison between the Salesforce Administrator, technical consultants and Women Win teams to establish initiatives and strategies to optimise our Salesforce setup
- Help to define features, and manage and prioritise Salesforce backlog, while listening to and representing the Women Win team, funds and partners’ needs
- Perform basic Salesforce Administration tasks such as overseeing internal Women Win staff user management, configuration of reports and dashboards, and field creation and page layouts
- Lead the creation and facilitation of Salesforce training materials
- Develop support/ticketing process with Salesforce Administrator to manage team needs
Digital Security (25%)
- Supporting the Learn Team in their activities to heighten digital security across the organisation, e.g. staff training and process and practices mapping
- Creating effective processes and practices for robust and tailor-made digitally secure internal ways of working & data management
- Staying updated about developments, learnings, and best practices in the field of digital security, and understanding how they can impact Women Win and their work
- Creating processes and practices that support Women Win in being intentional about which internal digital tools we are using and in which way
- Acting as a functional lead on certain internal digital tools to ensure efficient and effective use by the team
- Further developing Women Win’s online resource centre (the Learning Playground); assessing and prioritising internal needs, coordinating with the Brands on content and best practices and identifying areas of improvement
- Miscellaneous support as required
Experience: The candidate should:
- Have 3-6 years’ work experience in a relevant field
- Experience with cloud-based digital tools and Salesforce is a required; experience with database management is highly preferred
- Be tech savvy and have affinity with digital. Being able to act as an internal advocate for the opportunities that digital can bring, both in operations and in programmatic work, while also being aware of the risks involved.
- A solid understanding of international non-profit organisations, grassroots organisations and the women’s rights movement
- A cultural awareness and the ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Have excellent listening, written and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with others, especially digitally and in a remote setting
Education: at least a university degree in a relevant field e.g. Gender, International Development, Digital, IT, Human Rights etc.
Languages: English fluency - orally and in writing - required. Other languages: Dutch, Arabic, French or Spanish desirable.
Location: Candidate is expected to work mainly CET hours, but home base is flexible
Travel: Ability and willingness to travel approximately 5% of the time.
Working Hours: Full time position
Salary: Commensurate with experience (job band O)
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, no later than the 21 January 2023. Please submit the following to [email protected] with “Digital Coordinator” in the subject line:
- Motivation letter in English outlining how your skills and experience make you the best candidate for this position and why you’d like to join our team
- Please also indicate when you would be available to start at WW in your motivation letter
- English resume/CV