Podcast: Rights, sport and disability
This episode of the sport and rights podcast from the Centre for Sport and Human Rights brings together experts, academics and practitioners to discuss the implications of a new report of the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) to the Human Rights Council (HRC).
The Report advances the discussion around the rights of persons with disabilities to participation in sport under article 30 of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD).
In this podcast, Amy Farkas Karageorgos, Advisor to the Centre on Child and Disability Rights, sits down with four leaders that have been involved with drafting the report and who are working to advance article 30 featuring:
- Facundo Chavez Penillas, Human Rights and Disability Advisor, OHCHR
- Eli Wolff, Director, Disability in Sport International and the Power of Sport Lab
- Juan Pablo Salazar, Governing Board Member, International Paralympic Committee
- Susan Masila, Manager of Government Relations and Global Development for Special Olympics Africa Region
- Shalel Tennah, Special Olympics Athlete from Kenya
Listen to the podcast here