Webinar: Guidebook Launch: Bridging the Divide in Sport and Sustainable Development
On 22 August, over 200 people joined the Japan Sport Council (JSC) and the international platform on sport and development (sportanddev) as we launched our comprehensive global guidebook designed to build capacity among actors using sport for sustainable development.
View a recording of the webinar here (or click on the second image below)
The guidebook – Bridging the Divide in Sport and Sustainable Development: A Guide for Translating Policy into Practice and Effective Programme Management – has been completed after four years of consultation and research.
This open access resource aims to bridge the divide between policy and practice by providing detailed guidance on designing, delivering and evaluating initiatives using sport for sustainable development.
Presenters and panelists at the webinar included:
- Mr. Satoshi Ashidate, President of Japan Sport Council
- Mr Connor Spreng, Executive Director of the Swiss Academy for Development
- Ms. Lin Sambili, Project Manager, Sport for Development and Peace (SDP), at the Commonwealth Secretariat
- Mr. Suheil Tandon, Director-Founder, Pro-Sport Development
- Mr. Morten Schmidt, Global Director of Programmes and Grants, Laureus Sport for Good Foundation
- Ms. Talia Kaufman, Associate at the International Institute for Child Rights and Development