Webinar: Sport for sustainable development (Asia-Pacific)
In 2020, sportanddev, the Commonwealth Secretariat and the Australian government launched the first run of their massive open online course (MOOC) - Sport for Sustainable Development: Designing Effective Policies and Programmes.
The successful first run reached 3,400 learners across 165 countries. With feedback from learners and an expert reference group comprised of global stakeholders, the course has now been updated.
To discuss the course, share experiences and understand how different stakeholders may benefit from the course, two interactive webinars were held on 27 May.
The Asia-Pacific webinar was moderated by Melissa Velvel Fare from the Vanuatu Cricket Association and Andrew Lepani from Team Up.
- Sainimili Saukuru, Oceania Sports Education Program (OSEP) Coordinator
- Lua Rikis, Athlete, SDG Champion
- Henry Tavoa, Director of Youth Development and Sport, Vanuatu Government
- Rekha Dey, Yuwa India
- Trần Thị Thu Hương, ChildFund Vietnam
- Dr Katherine Raw, Western Sydney University