Webinar: Young people building a better future for SDP
The world has more young people today than ever and this will only increase. They have a critical role to play in shaping the future of our people and planet.
Sport for development and peace (SDP) programmes and policies often work with young people, but youth need to be more meaningfully involved in decision-making and leadership roles.
Given this, sportanddev, in collaboration with the Commonwealth, launched a call for articles on youth engagement and leadership in SDP in the lead up to International Youth Day on 12 August.
To further this conversation, we also hosted a webinar on the topic, where we heard directly from young leaders on how they are using sport to build back better. Watch a recording of the webinar here.
- Mr Saurabh Mishra, Commonwealth Secretariat
- Ms Tania Lee, IOC Young Leader, Sports Dietitian
- Mr Jack Needham, Europe Focal Point, Commonwealth Youth Sport for Development and Peace (CYDSP) Network
- Ms Chante Johannes, Youth Leader, Foundation for Sport and Development and Peace (FSDP)
- Dr Ben Sanders, sportanddev
- Ms Marisa Schlenker, Yunus Sports Hub