Call for abstracts for the 'Physical Literacy: Gender Science, and Sport for Development' conference
In conjunction with the upcoming conference, the organisers welcome abstract submissions for the event.
- The role of the state
- The history of sport in the Caribbean
- Literary discourses on sport
- Sport for all-development of the whole person
- Sexualities and gender identities in sport
- Women and sport: Issues and challenges
- Physical education
- Sporting facilities
- Sport and persons with disabilities
- Movement and physicality
- Sport science
- Anti-doping policy
- Sport tourism
Selection of absracts
Selection of papers will be based on scientific merit and relevance to the sporting areas of the Caribbean.
This implies that all authors have approved the publication of the abstract (edited if necessary) into the event's abstract booklet. The email and mailing address of the corresponding author must be included.
Instructions to authors
Your abstract must be no more than 250 words and must be formatted as
- Title: in bold type. No abbreviations
- Authors: begin on a new line two spaces below the title. Use italics. List initials for first names followed by surnames. Do not use full stops after initials. Please omit degrees and titles.
- Institution: begin on a new line below the authors. Use italics. List institute(s) where work originated, city, and country.
- Email address: include in the next line
- Text: arrange under the following headings:
- Objectives: state the main objective/research questions/hypothesis of the study
- Design, methods or approaches: briefly describe the design of the study and how it was conducted indicating study population, sampling procedures, and measurements.
- Summary of content, results or findings: present only the main results (in tabular form if convenient) with an indication of variability (e.g., SD) and precision of comparison (e.g., 95% confidence intervals), where appropriate. Promises, such as "the results will be discussed" or "other data will be presented" are unnacceptable.
- Conclusions: limit to only those directly supported by the results or findings.
Abstracts should be submitted by: 31 October 2015.
For further information:
Please contact the Conference Secretariat at:
By e-mail: [email protected]
By telephone: (868) 662-2002 ext 83808
[This article has been edited by the Operating Team]