Call For Inputs From Stakeholders For 2024 Secretary General’s Report On Sport
The General Assembly resolution 77/27, titled "Sport as a means of promoting sustainable development," requests the Secretary-General to provide a report on how the resolution has been implemented during the seventy-ninth session of the Assembly. The report should specifically examine how sport helps achieve the goals of the 2030 Agenda, with particular attention given to the annual high-level political forum on sustainable development.
The United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN DESA), through its Division for Inclusive Social Development (DISD), is leading the preparation of the report. We would like to invite your organization to share information on any sport-related initiatives that have been undertaken or are planned between January 2022 and February 2024.
- Draw on the UN Action Plan on Sport for Development and Peace, Kazan Action Plan, WHO Global Action Plan on Physical Activity and related frameworks to integrate sport as a driver of sustainable development and peace in cross-cutting 2030 Agenda strategies;
- Support research development, data collection and/or data dissemination on the contribution of sport to development and peace;
- Leverage sport events to promote and support sport for sustainable development, climate action, or peace initiatives;
- Reinforce the 2030 Agenda and eradicate poverty in times of multiple crises, leading to the effective delivery of sustainable, resilient and innovative solutions; and/or
- Safeguard sport from corruption and crime.
Your organization is invited to complete the template provided here by sending your responses via email directly to [email protected]. Please also send a copy of the email to Ms. Melissa Martin ([email protected]) in the UN DESA Division for Inclusive Social Development. The deadline for submission is 28 February 2024.