Calling students all over the world to participate in Expression 2018
An initiative of St. Lawrence High School, Kolkata, India and St. Lawrence Old Boy's Association (SLOBA), the competition has three simple steps.
- Give your students 1 hour 30 minutes to paint a picture on the theme ‘Olympic Games and Youth’ [Emphasis on Olympic Values and Peace]
- Scan or photograph these paintings and submit them to [email protected] before 30 June
- Winners will be announced on Educate Magis and sportanddev.org at the end of July 2018
- Find more about rules and regulations here
School students in Kolkata will participate in the live painting competition on 23 June, Olympic Day 2018 at St. Lawrence High School. All participants in Kolkata will receive free passes for Fanattic Sports Museum, Kolkata. Interested schools and students in Kolkata can check out the rules here.
At a young age children need to be encouraged to participate in games and sports thus enabling them to become beacons of change in our society. A sound mind in a sound body ought to bring about change in attitude for a more peaceful coexistence in our world. The intention is to nurture children through this medium to grow into responsible citizens.
The first idea is to know what students think about when we say peace through sports and Olympic values. The best way to read their minds is through their own illustrations. Second, the output of this project to the institutions working for peace and development through sports, so that they can implement and improve their future projects from any ideas and solutions coming out of the artwork.
We are happy to announce that, for the second consecutive year, Mr Roald Bradstock, an Olympian and artist par excellence, better known as the ‘Olympic Picasso’, is the Ambassador for Expression 2018.
We value the support received from:
- The Olympic Studies Centre (IOC, Lausanne)
- The Olympic Museum (IOC, Lausanne)
- The International Olympic Truce Centre
- Truce Foundation of the U.S.A
- Art of the Olympians
- Olympians Association of India
- Indian Rugby Football Union (IRFU)
- Hockey India
- World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA)
- Association Familiale Pierre de Coubertin
Peace and Sport (Monaco), Educate Magis, Fanattic Sports Museum and Air India are partnering us for Expression 2018. If you have any questions please send an email to: [email protected]. Winners will receive certificates signed by Olympians and goodies from Olympic Museum!
Here is a video message from Mr Joël Bouzou president and founder of Peace and Sport (also president of World Olympians Association) from Expression 2017.
- Read about Expression 2017
- The submission deadline is 30 June 2018